• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Questions for anyone who is experienced with Benjamin Armadas..

There are several recent threads you could look at.

1. No, not really. The barrel is choked for accuracy with pellets and choked barrels do not generally work well with slugs. At least thus far I have not found a slug that can come close to JSB 34 pellets in my .25 Marauders.

2. Tim Hill valve, JSAR SS valve, modified valves, short shroud, aluminum or hybrid air tubes, side lever conversions, various hammers, TJ or Lothar barrel (does yours have a Lothar barrel). The best place to start might be a SSG or FFH and then there is the regulator rabbit hole.

Slugs seem to be the in thing now and really, out to about 50 yards or so, pellets are what you want. Beyond that the BC of slugs begins to outshine pellets. Just so you understand, the Armada is a Marauder in a tactical stock, so you can research Marauder as well. One of my .25 Marauders (despite the card, there is no Houma reg with XXL plenum, this is an unregulated rifle, mental aberration):

Last edited:

1. No, not really. The barrel is choked for accuracy with pellets and choked barrels do not generally work well with slugs. At least thus far I have not found a slug that can come close to JSB 34 pellets in my .25 Marauders.

2. Tim Hill valve, JSAR SS valve, modified valves, short shroud, aluminum or hybrid air tubes, side lever conversions, various hammers, TJ or Lothar barrel (does yours have a Lothar barrel). The best place to start might be a SSG or FFH and then there is the regulator rabbit hole.

Slugs seem to be the in thing now and really, out to about 50 yards or so, pellets are what you want. Beyond that the BC of slugs begins to outshine pellets. Just so you understand, the Armada is a Marauder in a tactical stock, so you can research Marauder as well. One of my .25 Marauders (despite the card, there is no Houma reg with XXL plenum, this is an unregulated rifle, mental aberration):

Thank you

As for “cosmetic” upgrades, if you didn’t already know, the Armada uses “mil-spec” AR stock and grip so you can swap the included stock and/or grip with any other mil-spec AR stock or grip of your choosing for a more customized look or feel. If you bought the “package deal”, the included bipod, scope, and rings all have room for improvement as well.

Reactions: Jake4578
As for “cosmetic” upgrades, if you didn’t already know, the Armada uses “mil-spec” AR stock and grip so you can swap the included stock and/or grip with any other mil-spec AR stock or grip of your choosing for a more customized look or feel. If you bought the “package deal”, the included bipod, scope, and rings all have room for improvement as well.
that was one of the reasons I went with the Armada was the mil-spec properties, it’s been quite awhile since I built anything and ordered any parts, but I do notice you can no longer find grips or stocks on Ebay and Amazon and they sure used too sell them! lol

I did get the package deal & I really thought I was gonna end up upgrading the scope and using it for something else.. but I was actually suprised, that CP scope seems pretty decent for inside of 100 yds or so.. I left it on there, the factory rings I did not use, I had a nice set of Burris rings laying around I used those.. The Bipod sure it ain’t great, but I’ve seen worse, I don’t use it much aside from display so I think it will hang around for awhile..

I’m not sure what Barrel it has, how would I go about finding that out?
side lever would be nice, that bolt is definitely not the easiest to cock, but then again, I do like the bolt action, just wish it did take so much force to cock..

eBay has many weird little restrictions on things they deem naughty…

Try places like Midway, Natchez, Cheaper Than Dirt, Optics Planet, Dvor, or Sportsman’s Guide just to name a few off the top of my head.
I’ve gotten stuff from a few of those places, I used palmetto & few other places a lot, it was just nice because when it came to grips and stocks you could get off brand stuff next to nothing, but like I said it’s been awhile this is when everything was all Magpul, I know they have a ton of companies now, but this was almost 10yrs since I’ve built anything & back then ya had Magpul and chinese eBay stuff lol

I’m not sure what Barrel it has, how would I go about finding that out?
side lever would be nice, that bolt is definitely not the easiest to cock, but then again, I do like the bolt action, just wish it did take so much force to cock..

I do not think the Armada comes with the Lothar barrel option. You might call Crosman Customer Service and ask. Yes, you can call them and yes you can purchase direct from them. Yes, the LW barrel from the .22 Marauder should fit.

I am not terribly knowledgeable with the .22 rifles. The .25 caliber Marauder models do not have a LW barrel option and the .25 Crosman barrel is generally consistently good. However, many say the .22 barrel is not. Suggest you shoot it some and see if the accuracy is acceptable.

Reactions: Jake4578
I do not think the Armada comes with the Lothar barrel option. You might call Crosman Customer Service and ask. Yes, you can call them and yes you can purchase direct from them. Yes, the LW barrel from the .22 Marauder should fit.

I am not terribly knowledgeable with the .22 rifles. The .25 caliber Marauder models do not have a LW barrel option and the .25 Crosman barrel is generally consistently good. However, many say the .22 barrel is not. Suggest you shoot it some and see if the accuracy is acceptable.
Well, with pellets it’s a laser out to the 45 ish yds I have to stretch it out.. using Polymag 15.3gr I believe, 15 & change, polymags have always been one of the most accurate pellets I’ve ever came across in almost anything I’ve used them in..

• Love
Reactions: 3Crows

Well eariler tonight I dug out every slug I had laying around and pulled out the Armada, my DAR Gen 3 & the Beeman 1358, I ran everything through the Beeman that was a BIG NO GO 😂 Now the Armada I was about to give up on & I had been through almost everything until I got to the Rifle brand 18.21 HP slugs and holy sh*t.. dime size groups, maybe smaller @ 45yds from the Armada and the DAR Gen 3.. these 2 are 10 shot groups, one whole mag from each, im beyond happy.. I was trying to get a shot in holding the cell phone behind the scope, and by some miracle I did managing to punch the same hole again looking at the phone screen while trying to hold the phone in focus and aim.. 😂 This is proof the sun shines on a dogs A$$ sometimes! LOL not sure why no sound on video clip

IMG_0081.jpeg

IMG_0074.jpeg

IMG_0073.jpeg

View attachment 438411

IMG_0072.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: qball and 3Crows
Well eariler tonight I dug out every slug I had laying around and pulled out the Armada, my DAR Gen 3 & the Beeman 1358, I ran everything through the Beeman that was a BIG NO GO 😂 Now the Armada I was about to give up on & I had been through almost everything until I got to the Rifle brand 18.21 HP slugs and holy sh*t.. dime size groups, maybe smaller @ 45yds from the Armada and the DAR Gen 3.. these 2 are 10 shot groups, one whole mag from each, im beyond happy.. I was trying to get a shot in holding the cell phone behind the scope, and by some miracle I did managing to punch the same hole again looking at the phone screen while trying to hold the phone in focus and aim.. 😂 This is proof the sun shines on a dogs A$$ sometimes! LOL

View attachment 438407

View attachment 438408

View attachment 438409

View attachment 438411

View attachment 438413

If anyone is lookin for a cheap Bullpup (Beeman 1358) have one brand new in box, I actually bought 3 of these thinking I would get the wife and my son into the hobby they were none too Interested and low n behold there is no returns on these through Amazon due to hazmat reasons.. compressed air im sure, I did throw a charge on it to confirm it held air, otherwise untouched.. I paid roughly $275 a piece after taxes blah blah.. I decided to keep one extra, the other I’d sell at a discount or I would rather trade for something I don’t have or a moderator or 2, optics, anything related to the hobby.. My 1358 is a laser with Predator Polymags to 45yds I can confirm, that’s all the space on my property I have.. I also have a brand new discovery 4-16x40 Side focus FFP scope to go with it.. I’d call it $300 + the ride or $350 in trade.. I feel like that’s reasonable .. I’m located in the Chicagoland/Nw Indiana area if anyone is local..

IMG_9941.jpeg

IMG_9994.jpeg

IMG_9993.jpeg

IMG_9992.jpeg

IMG_9991.jpeg

IMG_9940.jpeg

Last edited:
I did remember I had some carbon fiber wrap layin around, I did the barrel shrouds on a cpl of my rifles, they turned out pretty decent for some cheap wrap..

IMG_0076.jpeg

IMG_0077.jpeg

View attachment 439409
Here is my .25 Armada....Mostly cosmetics with a few tweaks to factory adjustments. No modded parts are installed and I can shoot slugs pretty well with it.
I need one of those stocks terribly! Absolutely love it! Although I did pick up a knock off Magpul stock off Amazon, really can’t tell any difference, fit and finish is great, nice and tight for $20! Lol I picked this ATI grip up from Cabelas today and go figure it sets your hand back further so you are almost stretching for the trigger, but a the same time with that being said you can only grab the trigger in the exact same place, same position, everytime.. so that may not be a bad thing and add a lil to your accuracy..

IMG_0118.jpeg

IMG_0117.png

View attachment 439409
Here is my .25 Armada....Mostly cosmetics with a few tweaks to factory adjustments. No modded parts are installed and I can shoot slugs pretty well with it.
Also speaking of slugs, mine in .22 absolutely LOVES these Rifle Slug series 18.21gr I went through a TON of slugs looking for one that agrees with this Barrel, I was about to give up until I happened to try these.. this is a 10rd group @45yds sub 1/2”.. spits em like a laser..

IMG_0081.jpeg

IMG_0090.jpeg