• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Question

Any of the three options you listed would be good choices. I have experience with 22 and 25 caliber slugs so I can say that with confidence. The 30 caliber I don't, but I think it goes without saying that a 30 caliber pellet can hold it's own in the power and long range departments.

I would go with a 700mm barrel as you'd be able to extract the highest amount of power that way.

:)

An impact in .22, 25 or .30 has more than enough energy to humanely dispatch a duck with a pellet or a slug. Accuracy is more important than power so I would focus more on shooting at closer ranges rather than longer.

while a .22 is just as accurate as a .30, the smaller pellet gets more sideways push from wind than the .30 , slugs buck the wind much better. One thing to consider the .30 uses much more air, so for that reason alone I wouldn’t bother with it, as it soon becomes a chore topping up dive bottles. So my choice would be .22 with a pellet or slug or .25 with a pellet, the reason I don’t recommend a .25 with a slug is the same reason I don’t recommend a .30. although very good, it is also air hungry.

if the extra cost and hassle of charging and the additional cost of the bigger pellets or heavier slugs is of no importance to you then get whatever you fancy.

best of luck

Bb

The 25 caliber slug option is no more hungry than my 22 caliber shooting slugs. I spent the last two days shooting an Impact 25 caliber slug gun (36gr slugs), and it got no fewer shots than my 22 shooting 34gr slugs. A lot might depend upon the tune.

So if I understand it right when we are using similar weight of pallets or slugs in different calibres it will pretty much use the same amount of air? If this is true then Will it be advisable to go with 30 calibre in 700 mm Barrel?

The 25 caliber slug option is no more hungry than my 22 caliber shooting slugs. I spent the last two days shooting an Impact 25 caliber slug gun (36gr slugs), and it got no fewer shots than my 22 shooting 34gr slugs. A lot might depend upon the tune.

So if I understand it right when we are using similar weight of pallets or slugs in different calibres it will pretty much use the same amount of air? If this is true then Will it be advisable to go with 30 calibre in 700 mm Barrel?

But the question is which is more accurate .22 with slug, .25 with slug or .30 with pellets (at 100 metros). 

I haven’t shot Impact yet. But through the readings I have done and the videos I have seen. I am 100% sure that once you tune your impact in any caliber, it will be dead accurate. You just have to spend some time to find the accuracy in any caliber. This is the beauty of Impact. 

Now this is just my opinion who had zero experience with the Impact. I am sure there are gurus here with so much experience that I can hardly imagine. Their input will hold weight. 

But the question is which is more accurate .22 with slug, .25 with slug or .30 with pellets (at 100 metros).

Bob_O,

I'm interested in this as well. As far as accuracy goes, what were the results with the .25cals vs the 22's?