Question on high end PCP 22 or 25. FX vs Brocock vs Kalibur

Mostly squirrels and cottontails and occasional coon. Most shots should be 50 or under.

Thanks again
Jon
If I were going after coons with my .22 Atomic? 25 yards would be my personal max yardage. For squirrels and cottontails, in good conditions? Up to 50 yards with high confidence. Though not a powerhouse, my little Atomic XR has spoiled me for bigger guns for what I do with a PCP.

Reactions: drsquall
no issues of any kind , with you style of shooting you might want the composite stock (I'm always being overly careful with the wood stock costing me time . P.S. never had it out in below freezing .
An old timer once told me the first thing a man needs to do with a beautiful new wood stock on a hunting rifle or shotgun is throw it in a briar patch and let it get scratched. You'll never worry about it again and your hunts will be much more enjoyable! 😂 🐿️

Reactions: drsquall
Jon... Yes the cost can get up their in the PCP game.. you have one and an air source so your good there... Bud I can't blame you for wanting another... It's an addiction, I understand 😂. How about this...
Save and get a quality compressor first...
"Quality compressor" none of this Amazon $300 junk... Then. . dude it's like owning your own gas station... You can drive the baddest hotrod everyday of the week..
Which one is good to get?

I am going to have to get one I can already tell. Do you get one just for home to fill tanks and use the tanks out in the field or one for home and one for hunting?

Unfortunately, this isn't the first rabbit hole I jumped in-prs 22 sucked me under pretty quick and I just shot local match once a month only. LOL But good quality 22lr ammo is getting hard to find. I usually try to shoot at least a brick a month for practicing for the match. So probably about $150 in ammo for practice a month.

Thanks
Jon

Which one is good to get?

I am going to have to get one I can already tell. Do you get one just for home to fill tanks and use the tanks out in the field or one for home and one for hunting?

Unfortunately, this isn't the first rabbit hole I jumped in-prs 22 sucked me under pretty quick and I just shot local match once a month only. LOL But good quality 22lr ammo is getting hard to find. I usually try to shoot at least a brick a month for practicing for the match. So probably about $150 in ammo for practice a month.

Thanks
Jon
You can find good deals on tanks... I wouldn't sweat that much.. the compressor on the on the hand OUCH! It stings a little!!
My first compressor was a alpa 90.. although it did serve me well parts got very hard to come by.. I had to rebuild it once..not recommend to buy one of those.
So I decided I'm already knee deep in this hobby that's going on for many years now..so last year I bought a alkin w31 compressor... Yeah... It's expensive at least to me anyway but I'm happy I bought it..
There's a compressor section here on AGN..that's where I started asking about quality compressors and the members here help me out tremendously... There are several quality compressors at different price ranges...

Reactions: orangeokie