• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Question on Daystate’s New electronic rifles

I recently read that Daystate was coming out with new electronics for its guns like the RedWolf. The question I have being a current RedWolf owner is will the new generation require a different programming device than the current model. I recently order a programmer from AOA for my RedWolf, I would not be happy if I found out that it would work not on the newer models that are soon to released. So if any one has an answer to this please post. I am hopefull that the software on the existing unit can be upgraded to work with the new generation 2 and be backward compatible with the generation 1 guns. I will call AOA to see if I can get an answer or I may have to return the programmer that is in the mail to me.

I very much doubt that beyond marketing speak, there will be any major differences in this new gcu apart from the upgraded capacitors allowing more power. 

I'd be pretty shocked if there were any programming changes etc. Stuff that big would surely warrant release in a new rifle, rather than as an update that is not likely to entice nearly as many current red wolf and pulsar owners to buy.

This RW safari just appears to be the RW extra high power to me, with a new barrel made to suit that power without destabilizing pellets (?slugs). Maybe some improvements in electronic efficiency in the lower power models could be had if they're also being fitted with the GCU 2, but I doubt anything the user would notice?

We shall see - all pretty much educated guessing at the moment. I know I'll be pretty ticked off if my 10 month old red wolf is genuinely outdated by mid year. But that said, considering my 2012 Airwolf MVT shot just as well and had the same shot count, along with super user friendly, fully programmable electronics on the gun itself (open menu, set velocity, fire 3 or 4 shots for the chrony to feedback, go), I'm skeptical.