• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

question on adapter for gauntlet and SCUBA tank???

Gunny, I have researched the tuning kit from Jefferson state airguns. Hajamoto used one of these in his not stock gauntlet. Does the kit make the gun easier to cock and if it does how much easier, Just a guess. I have a pen spring in my trigger now. Is the trigger spring that comes with the kit better than the pen spring? Is there any more advantages with the kit that you notice? JC Schardt

It significantly reduced cocking effort I also used Molly paste on the bolt when I had it apart it feels like much less then 50% effort.

I never tried the pen spring but the spring that comes with the kit is very light, I would assume it would be similar to the pen spring.

The main benefit of the kit is being able to adjust the hammer spring tension to dial in your velocity for different pellets, a chronograph would be necessary for the kit.

Unless you want power the Gauntlet is WAY over sprung from the factory, and the hammer is much heavier than needed.

You could just cut a couple of coils off the factory spring.

If cocking is hard it is either ( as Ted displayed for everyone ) technique or something is amiss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRMHsVjIntE

Naturally I meant to say it return to battery & locks up on it's own.

Trigger is 100% factory, only adjusted. Some might like the Plunger screw mod for a (sort of ) 2 stage trigger at 1.5lb. I'm well under 1lb.

Unless you need the power I would tune it down not up.

John

peskadot, Too much for me to spend. I just have a loan of the scuba tanks until owner is able to dive. I don't know how soon that will be.

Miata

Totally understood. This is an expensive hobby. Especially PCP's and the initial startup besides the high pressure pump that you already have. You just have to remember that you're dealing with extremely high pressures and quality US made fill adapters don't come cheap but in the long run are safer and will last longer. Just giving you different options in case you decide to purchase your own scuba tank. Good luck in your quest.

At one time, I used CO2 in my Discovery and kept a large CO2 tank in the shop. I only use CO2 now in my Crosman 115 bulk fill pistol. A good method would be to use the 9 or 12 oz bottles on the Gauntlet like shown in the Hardairmagazine articles. I only quit using the CO2 in the Discovery when I got other high pressure air guns and got carbon fiber air tanks. I never had any problem with accuracy with the CO2 and shot it in winter and summer. Since you shoot most of the time in your basement, CO2 makes a lot of sense and would give high shot count and lowest initial cost set up. The nice thing about the 9 or 12 oz. CO2 bottles is that they screw directly into the Gauntlet or you can even use the 80 gram bottles with a cheap adapter and still get about 100 shots per CO2 cartridge. But in the long run the 80 gram bottles would be more expensive than th 9 or 12 oz. bottles.