question on adapter for gauntlet and SCUBA tank???

I have a friend that had scuba tanks and wont be able to dive for several years. At this time both tanks have air in them. The steel tank has 2100 psi and the aluminum has 3100 psi. My question is. Is the tank connector called a k fitting? this one has a v shaped hole and goes over the tank and is held on by a screw that draws the connector to the tank. I think I would also need a male to male foster adapter, 1/8 inch to adapt my pump hose to the scba tank. #3 and #4 Does anyone know what is the pressure of a full steel tank and a full aluminum tank? and has anyone kept track of how many fills they get starting with a full refill. #5 what pressure can the tank go down to before it wont fill the gauntlet. If I am following right it should put some pressure in until the tank pressure goes down to 1100 psi. am I correct on this?

I am 75 fighting cancer and even restin every 30 pumps takes a lot out of me and I need to wait till later or next day to shoot. I have read a lot about tanks and some of the reading confuses me so If you have actual experience with this gun and the big scba tanks I would like to hear from you. If you are just answering from experience in general and guessing on the answers don't answer, to much info Is not good if it is only an opinionand I have to sort the good from the bad

Iwill have to get these tanks tested and buy the adapters which is way over my budget so another question comes up. Has anyone been constantly using co2 with their gauntlet. I do 90 % of my shooting in the basement at 33 ft. Has anyone used co2 in the weather, hot sun, cold. I do like to get together with a bud and shoot at a club range occasionally. Does anyone shoot outside when the temps are in the high 70 and 80.s? The info on the forum is scarce and says wont shoot in the cold, years ago we god paintball guns for Christmas and had to try them out in the snow. they shot fine in the cold but hurt like heck when you got hit because the paint froze. has anyone used co2 in a gauntlet when temps are at or below freezing. Will a co2 gauntlet shoot accurately at 30 or 40 yards? The forum says 500 lower powered shots from this gun on co2. Will it still be accurate at 10 meters with co2 Last one before I order anything. Why will shooting low pressure co2 void the warranty on the gauntlet. I will have trouble lifting the scba tanks so am leaning towards the warranty void and the lower cost co2 bottle if I can still get accuracy to 30 or so yards. Thanks in advance J C Schardt

First off, don't confuse SCUBA with SCBA. Neither of those scuba tanks will do you any good with a 3,000psi rifle(fine for a low pressure Discovery). With an 80cu.ft. scuba tank at 3000psi you'd get zero re- fills( Gauntlet has 13cu in or 213cc tank). With a 75cu ft SCBA(4350psi) tank you'd get almost 50 fills(refilling at 2000psi) and 25 fills refilling at 1200. As for co2 in a Gauntlet, this may help: https://hardairmagazine.com/buyers-guides/using-umarex-gauntlet-co2-power-part-one/

Most aluminum scuba tanks are rated for 3000 PSI Max Pressure. Some steel scuba tanks have a maximum fill pressure of 3442 PSI.

SCBA have a max fill pressure of 4500 PSI. SCBA tanks are your best bet. You didn't mention how you are going to have these tanks filled.

Are you going to have them filled at a Scuba/Dive shop or do you plan on getting or have access to a high pressure air compressor?

If you plan on having them filled at a dive shop, you would have to request that they either fill it slowly or top it off after they fill to your desired pressure.

Just remember that when they fill these tanks, they will drop in pressure when they cool down. Usually about 200 to 400 PSI will be lost after they fill them and it cools down and it depends on how fast they fill them.

You have to take into consideration that they are running a business and if they're busy, they might not take the time to stand there to monitor the input of air into your tank.

You could also leave your tank with them for the day and pick it up the following morning so they could top it off but who wants to do that?

I've been getting my SCBA tank filled at a scuba shop and noticed that they will fill to 4500 PSI but the following day after it cools, I would notice it drop to 4300 PSI.

For now, I'm fine with it because I only have two airguns. Someday I will get my own compressor but I don't want no cheap Chinese one that will crap out on me within a month.

This is what you will need

https://www.amazon.com/Taousa-Station-Detachable-Stainless-Pressure/dp/B0179LFCLO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1532964260&sr=8-3&keywords=scuba+fill+station

aluminum scuba tanks max at 3000 psi and steel at 3500 psi

with the gauntlet regulated at 1150 psi, you should be able to get quite a few useful fills, you’ll just a lower shot count each time as the fill pressure drops.

i would fill the with the aluminum tank, then top it off with the higher pressure steel thank, that’s called a cascade fill.

You will probably be able to use the tanks down to 1500psi before you’re down to 10 shots per fill.

if the steel tank doesn’t have this on it already, you’ll need a din to k valve adapter too. 

https://www.ebay.com/p/Paintball-PCP-DIN-to-Standard-Yoke-Filling-Converter-Adapter-for-Scuba-Tank/2188074894?iid=302419731897

This is what you will need https://www.amazon.com/Taousa-Station-Detachable-Stainless-Pressure/dp/B0179LFCLO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1532964260&sr=8-3&keywords=scuba+fill+station

aluminum scuba tanks max at 3000 psi and steel at 3500 psi

with the gauntlet regulated at 1150 psi, you should be able to get quite a few useful fills, you’ll just a lower shot count each time as the fill pressure drops.

i would fill the with the aluminum tank, then top it off with the higher pressure steel thank, that’s called a cascade fill.

You will probably be able to use the tanks down to 1500psi before you’re down to 10 shots per fill.

I guess you could just fill it to 2000 and shoot it down to 1150. The Umarex reps at the Texas show said they fill to 3000 and re-fill at 2000 for full-spec performance.

Hey Gunny, is that username in reference to a military enlisted rank?
1f609.svg

Actually no, long story but I never served.

Glad you got a rifle, excellent therapy for just about anything.

In your particular case both tanks sound great as far as psi. As you noted just shot count with a regulated rig.

If the steel tank is a faber it would have the DIN , mine had a screwed in insert to accept my regular "scuba yoke" ( which are no WAY less costly , good time to get into airguns).

I'll bet even if using s 3,000 aluminum ( there are +P or something aluminum tanks rated for 10% overfill cold) you can likely fire off almost a sleeve of pellets before running out of air.

John

Thanks guys and keep them coming, most answers say I will be good to use these tanks but the shot count will go down as pressure is used up. I will be ordering the taousa 70231 and keep a good log from starting pressure and shot count with each fill. When filling from the hand pump I would go to 2000 and get at least 40 shots. I knew that when I could see the pellet start to the target towards the bull and arc down to the very bottom that I needed to refill. Should I watch the guage and refill when down to 1200? Gunny are you shooting 22 0r177? You are getting a good number of shots. I would be happy if I can get close to that number. My new plan is to get the adapter and use the scuba tanks till winter. By then I can get a co2 paintball tank for in the basement. I must be learning something, I now know that an scba tank is not a scuba tank and a few other things that everyone seems to know. Keep teaching, I will read all. If I don't get back to everyone know I am reading what you answer. I like to read but don't really like to post. Thanks to everyone. JC Schardt

Gunny, I have researched the tuning kit from Jefferson state airguns. Hajamoto used one of these in his not stock gauntlet. Does the kit make the gun easier to cock and if it does how much easier, Just a guess. I have a pen spring in my trigger now. Is the trigger spring that comes with the kit better than the pen spring? Is there any more advantages with the kit that you notice? JC Schardt