• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Benjamin Question for you all

I use a benjamin hand pump to air up my marauder field and target. The gauges always read a little different with the gun showing around 200-300 psi more than the pump. I have always gone with what the gauge on the gun says, but which gauge do you guys think is more accurate?
Since both are Benjamin products you could email Benjamin and ask them. They'll shoot you straight and their qualified engineers have probably tested your question against high dollar gauges. Answers here are likely to be more speculative. For safety reasons it would be better to go with the gauge that reads higher regardless.

Since both are Benjamin products you could email Benjamin and ask them. They'll shoot you straight and their qualified engineers have probably tested your question against high dollar gauges. Answers here are likely to be more speculative. For safety reasons it would be better to go with the gauge that reads higher regardless.
You're probably right about asking Benjamin. I also feel you're correct, it's probably better to go with the higher reading. Will most likely stay doing so. Thanks for the reply.

I have noticed that on my Benjamin marauder that when I am filling it, and the gage on the marauder increases to 3000 psi, and I shut off the air source, the gage on the marauder will drop about 200 psi. It seems to do this every time.
haven't noticed that hand pumping. Usually stays where it is when I finish filling. Only drops if it gets colder after filling.

I have noticed that on my Benjamin marauder that when I am filling it, and the gage on the marauder increases to 3000 psi, and I shut off the air source, the gage on the marauder will drop about 200 psi. It seems to do this every time.

What may happen sometimes is that your fill line has a small leak and the foster fitting one way valve on the Marauder does not close unless there is a good differential so the rifle reservoir bleeds back though the foster fitting one way valve and into the fill whip. Not until you relieve the whip does the foster one way valve close.

Reactions: Momar2
It could be that if you are filling fairly quickly from a tank, and are filling a lot - say from 1500 psi to 3000 psi - this would probably be a normal result from heating the air in the tube. The pressure drops as it cools. Feel your tube by hand after a fill - if it is slightly warm 10-20 seconds after you fill then that is what is happening.

You could fill slower and the impact will be reduced, or just do what you are doing and then top it up the last bit before unhooking. But keeping things cooler is probably for the better in the long run. If your tank valve can't be feathered to go slowly, then I'd break it down into 500 psi portions of fill with a pause between each one by closing the valve for 5-10 seconds.

Reactions: PEP3