Question for Texas readers

The other night I was watching the show on TV about Texas game wardens. This game warden was checking dove hunters to be sure they had plugs in their shotguns. She found one hunter with an unplugged gun. As she was talking to this guy about the infraction she made a passing comment about a fellow she ran into that had a ten shot magazine in an air rifle. She never finished the story but by the tone of her voice it appeared she cited him for that. The question is when shooting migratory birds does the three shot limit apply to Airguns?

Thanks,

Rich

The other night I was watching the show on TV about Texas game wardens. This game warden was checking dove hunters to be sure they had plugs in their shotguns. She found one hunter with an unplugged gun. As she was talking to this guy about the infraction she made a passing comment about a fellow she ran into that had a ten shot magazine in an air rifle. She never finished the story but by the tone of her voice it appeared she cited him for that. The question is when shooting migratory birds does the three shot limit apply to Airguns?

Thanks,

Rich

Dove are a Federal Migratory Game Bird. Federal law applies and yes the 3 shot rule does go for Mourning dove, White Wings and White tipped. Shotguns are the only legal firearm of taking migratory Game Birds in Texas. Good luck with getting around that because an air rifle isn't a "Firearm", you will probably lose.

Non protected are open game.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/regulations/outdoor-annual/hunting/migratory-game-bird-regulations/methods

Hi flatlander, I watch the Animal Channel and it strikes me that most of the Texas game wardens are a bunch of pricks. Just sayin’.

@BTB, with apologies to flatlander, Michael, and all other members.

I think Tex has gone walkabout and could be gone for 3-5, weeks/months/years. I think Tex was a patriot, but I didn’t see any patriots, only a bunch of Klowns in kostume and maybe a few snowflakes. The fellow with the horns was no doubt, special. The first word I thought of was “ghetto”, in the urban dictionary sense of the word. I guess if they put their mind to it, they could have done a better job of trashing the place. I’ve been there, it belongs to US all. I’m sure it was just a case of one shot too many of the Kool Aid.

If Tex was a patriot, I’m sure he wasn’t there..,.

~DW~

I’d like to suggest not responding to this or you may find yourself along with me and Tex, among the MIA.