• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Question for Texan owners?

I currently shoot a daystate air ranger in 25 and leading is non existent! Shooting a powder burner and leading is a huge problem with lead slugs and my question is do the big bore pcp's act similar to their sub-caliber brothers and have virtually no leading or do they act more like a firearm and drive you to the brink of insanity fighting a leaded barrel? I am reaching out to Texan owners as this is what I am considering purchasing but any big bore owner please feel free to chime in and thanks in advance!

Snake-Eyes I have had my Texan in .457 for a couple of years, shot it hundreds of times, and leading the barrel is not an issue like a firearm. There will be some lead deposits in the barrel but nothing like a firearm to the point we never clean our Texans every time we shoot them.

A bullet we have had great success with is a Nielsen 290g hollow pt. Because of the valve in a Texan we have determined that the initial fill pressure should be about 2700 psi with this weight bullet for 3 good shots (all you will need when deer hunting) before refilling for best accuracy. Hope this helps.