• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Question for Ted:

I have always been forthright, showing the world my tricks and ideas. I've shown you my scope cam setups...how I pull off long range shots...various shooting positions...even the in's an out's of the workings of Youtube. But, what you may not know about me is that I am a fierce competitor. I won the PA cup speed silo challenge last year (in spite of a 20 second "time out" due to my accidentally tripping the gun safety) . But, I fell apart at EBR in the championship due to an oversight re: my shooting setup. I spent months mulling over a way to prevent myself from repeating that error, and believe that I have solved my problem (and then some). This idea for speed silhouette is as unique as it is unstoppable. It does not break any rules in the slightest, but it also has never been done by anyone, anytime, anywhere. So, I have no interest in letting the cat out of the bag before I get to the PyramydAir Cup or Extreme Benchrest. If you want to see my strategies, show up to one of those events or wait for the PA / AoA videos. ;)
This isn't to say that I will be a cut-throat competitor. I promise to be my usual jovial self......until I get on that line. :)
All I will say is that it won't look like this:
Or this:

"Tominco"THIS ought to be interesting! I'm anxious to see what you have in store, Ted! Shane's got a heck of a system going for him at the EBR. I'll be routing for you bro! Good luck and keep practicing. :)
Shane has never lost the speed silo competition. He IS the reason shooters (like me) need to get creative. Besides being one of the best benchrest shooters in the country, he is also left handed. And, since all lever-action guns have the lever on the right, this means that Shane's trigger finger can always remain in place, while his non-dominant hand does the grunt work. This is one competition where lefties have a measurable advantage (2013 and 2014 had two lefties in the top 3 places).

I have one a little different to yours mike. Mine is more enclosed but still has the raised ridge in the middle to stop the pellet from going in wonky. I prefer yours though as the enclosed one doesn't always get it right and you have to tap the side of the action to get it to lay right. If you're nt watching and just flick the lever forward you can load a pellet backwards or chop it in half too. 

You really have to tip the gun or shift your position to double check... Not ideal for speed.