• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Question for mounting a Hawke scope on a Texan 457 SS-CF?

I'm wanting to know how you would mount a Hawke Airmax 6x24x50 scope on a Texan 457. SS-CF? Would you add a base plate or use the 11MM dove tail rail from the factory? Which brand rinds and how tall would you use?

Somebody told me that I needed to put a extra base plate on it to be able to get the line of sight right for this rifle. This is my first big bore air rifle so I have no clue so I really don't want to have it not get set up right from the start. I'm on the preorder list to get 1 in about 4-8 weeks Pyramyd Air Rifle.

Thanks for any help

I used Hawke 2 piece medium tactical rings to mount a 4-16 x 44 mm Hawke Airmax compact IR, SF scope on my HW95. This scope has a 2" objective lens while your 50 mm scope has a 2.2" objective lens. My setup left less than 1/8" clearance with the medium rings so IMO you will need high rings for your scope. My check is to mount the rifle with your eyes closed and then open your shooting eye and you should have direct center scope alignment. I added a check pad to my HW95 to achieve this alignment.

IMG_0386 1-20-2021 new rings.1614767521.jpg

IMG_0363 New mount 1-18-21.1614767492.jpg

I PM'd OP and explained those older non etched glass reticles will jump around and change POA/POI if ocular bell is turned out for users set clarity.

I'm pretty upset with Hawke changing their no question asked lifetime warranty. If I want it to work perfectly I would have to set ocular bell for me and use Teflon or epoxy🤭 so it doesn't move. 
I don't want this to sound like I'm bashing Hawke but I'm not buying a new H7 Sidewinder with the nice etched reticle when their older "springer rated" scopes aren't able to be returned due to "nothing" being wrong with it.

This is the reason serious precision shooters tell us all. Buy once, cry once.

Any non etched reticle is going to be a problem when adjusting the ocular bell. 
Just be aware of that folks.