• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Question for leshiy owners

Total noob to tuning...disclaimer.

this is the first airgun I actually feel comfortable tinkering with due to its sheer simplicity. With that said...I installed the huma regulator and set it to 100 bar...did not touch the hammer spring from factory... it’s a .25 short barrel.

in your experience, roughly how much air are you consuming per shot? Currently I’m eating about 30 bar per shot and that seems like a lot. Chronograph on the way but been using the edmu while I wait. Can you put me in the ball park?

thanks

For hunting 7-10 bar per shot. I left my high power Huma regulator set at the factory 130 bar. I generally fill to 235 bar and refill at 130 bar. For the .25 cal, I would up the reg decrease the power adjuster in the front and record the # of clicks from closed, full CW. The way you are going about it is correct in lieu of a chronograph. You can confirm the velocity later.

this is the first airgun I actually feel comfortable tinkering with due to its sheer simplicity. With that said...I installed the huma regulator and set it to 100 bar...did not touch the hammer spring from factory... it’s a .25 short barrel.

in your experience, roughly how much air are you consuming per shot? Currently I’m eating about 30 bar per shot and that seems like a lot. Chronograph on the way but been using the edmu while I wait. Can you put me in the ball park?

thanks

30 bar??? Something is not right

I kinda figured that..hence the topic. It must the the HST. Since I lowered the reg pressure and didn’t touch the HS. It is my understanding that the reg is set from factory and 130 bar. Now it’s at 100...logic (at least my logic) that the extra 30 bar per shot is the difference the hammer spring makes. I just want to confirm that I’m not an idiot. Lol..which could be the case

120 bar here and set speed on hammer spring to 540 fps giving me a usage of 6 per shot from 235bar fill.. using 25.39 jSB! When I had speed in the 670-760 it ate a lot of air so down tuned for anything within 60 yards! About 16ft/pounds of energy. Plenty for rodents.. 334-340 for 35 yards and in. This allows for lots of shots and very accurately placed shots I may add!!

thanks

30 bar per shot is way too high. I don’t shoot my Leshiy with the .25 cal barrel but I made a reference chart a few months ago using the .22 350mm barrel. I only went from 75 bar up to 110 bar on my regulator with different HST setting. 13 bar per shot was the most I was showing. Maybe your HST is set way too high. 
1583456026_5522324735e619f1a654ef4.94613525.jpeg

Reactions: sonny