Question for Leshiy owners

kmd1984 sent the same question to FX

That was the answer:

"I wrote an email to FX Airguns and here is their response:

Hi, I am wondering if it is going to “hurt” my Bobcat MK2’s hammer spring (or any other part for that matter), If I leave it cocked for an extended period of time.Quote:

Hello Sir,

It is ok to leave the spring cocked for longer times for the springs but I would never recommend it.

we have tested having it stored in the cocked position for a couple of weeks with not seeing any bigger differences.

But as I stated earlier I would never recommend it as other parts in the gun can be hurt by it."

Guys on a Russian forum, who have Leshyi for a while already had that problem and had to replace springs.

As I mentioned before, they even started making and selling easily removable lever

When you leave Leshyi stored for a while - you unscrew that cocking lever

typical Ed, there is no problem (denial) later on in model 2 it is corrected. lol

probably he has too much preload on it already so it wont make a difference. however when you optimize shotcount(tune it into the knee) it WILL matter.

perhaps this is why people keep saying they are close to running out of turns or how to change the spring itself.

...still waiting for the bipod rail to make it to the front, under the moderator.

Why does it seems like 9 out of 10 of your posts violate the rules?

Here are a few simple rules that we expect our members to follow:

1. Before you post or reply, ask yourself, “Is my post going to be: constructive, insightful, or helpful in advancing the airgun community?”
  2. Speak to everyone as you would like to be spoken to. Abusive language, profanity, and/or Trolling is not allowed.
    [/LIST=1]

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/forum-rules/?view=all

Well, "I wouldn't recommend" that sounds to me as "I know from my own experience and the books that nothing should happen, but I am so uncertain in my knowledge that I need to keep retreat path in case something happens!" 

If something can goes wrong with the spring? Yes, if the spring is made with the technology breaches. But in this case it will work unstable anyhow and wether one keeps it under stress or not will not mean a lot, that is a just a part needed to be replaced. If EDgun can have such springs? Yes, as well as problems with the O-rings etc, as any other brands. But that is not the issue to consider them as they are ALL can be so.

I made a lot of tests with the springs since I started to make airguns (a little less than 20 years now), I had never had problems with them if they were OK from the beginning. The only reason I wouldn't recommend to keep the guns cocked -- the safety issue, not the spring condition. 

As for Leshiy, it was designed to be held folded. Mine is kept that way for months, nothing happens, the speed is as it was when I have regulated it at the beginning. 

The other issue is -- many people read forums, considering that ALL the information they read there are TRUTH. I am sorry to disappoint you but forums are consist of the same people who are around you in your life. Ask yourself -- if you will 100 % believe whatever your neighbour says and if will follow his recommendations in any aspects of your life? But why many of you consider that somebody's meaning in forum is 100 % true? 

"As for Leshiy, it was designed to be held folded. Mine is kept that way for months, nothing happens, the speed is as it was when I have regulated it at the beginning."

if it is designed to stay folded, I guess should be no problem, anyway on a Leshiy spring should be not that difficult to replace, even if it's necessary

I don't think safety should be an issue, just don't put pellet in a chamber, if you not planning to shoot anymore.

It's way easier to check than multi-shot rifle, just fold and see if pellet is inside 

"As for Leshiy, it was designed to be held folded. Mine is kept that way for months, nothing happens, the speed is as it was when I have regulated it at the beginning."

if it is designed to stay folded, I guess should be no problem, anyway on a Leshiy spring should be not that difficult to replace, even if it's necessary

I don't think safety should be an issue, just don't put pellet in a chamber, if you not planning to shoot anymore.

It's way easier to check than multi-shot rifle, just fold and see if pellet is inside

agree

Like Ed stated in an earlier post.

Springs can function fine in it's intended range. No need to worry unless you over compress or over stretch them. Storing the gun folded won't make any difference!

Springs can remain in the compressed position for years with absolutely no adverse effect.

Push them pass their operating limits once! and they are ruined!

Has nothing to do with durration of time!