• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Question for Avenger Owners (non-bullpup)

Quick question for people who own standard (non-bullpup) Avengers. If you use standard scope rings, what is the distance from the bottom of the magazine slot to the bottom of your scope tube? (i.e. how tall of a magazine can you used without needing to get taller scope rings?)

I wanted to be able to 3D print my own magazines, and ended up designing my own 20 round magazine. It works great for me, but I have a bullpup where it doesn't get in the way of the scope (scope is already raised as well as being forward of the magazine). Some people have asked about a version that could be used on a standard Avenger, but I don't know how tall it could be without needing taller rings (trying to figure out the maximum round count that would still fit).

My 20 round magazine is 58mm tall (~2.3"). By my calculations (for my design at least), here are the height and round counts possible:

15 round - 47mm (1.85")
14 round - 44.6mm (1.75")
13 round - 42.2mm (1.66")
12 round - 40.2mm (1.58")

Which one would fit the most common scope setup?

Thanks!

closed loaded.jpg

opened loaded.jpg

Reactions: Venddoc
I have low rings and im measuring 35.36mm from the bottom of the magwell to the bottom of the flat part of the scope turrent, hope this helps.
Btw, nice looking mags!
Wow! My stock 10 round magazine measures ~34.5mm or 1.35". I didn't realize that the standard Avenger was that tight. You have less than 1mm to spare with the stock magazine. 😯

Reactions: Venddoc
Wow! My stock 10 round magazine measures ~34.5mm or 1.35". I didn't realize that the standard Avenger was that tight. You have less than 1mm to spare with the stock magazine. 😯
Yep, it is a close fit, the mounts i have are really too low, i get a crick in my neck if i stay on the gun very long, its just an old junker scope & ring set that i put on when i robbed the better scope for something else, you probably know what I mean lol.