• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Question for Airforce Talon P owners (.25 or .30)

Looking at getting some feedback on the AirForce Talon P, specifically in .25 or 30 cal

So obviously the AG is loud. Looking at quieting down as best as possible without lowering the fps. Supposedly 65db-70db is considered backyard friendly? I haven't had a chance to chrono it yet but I believe I'm in the 900 fps range. I'm extremely limited to where I can shoot this thing and would really like to shoot it in my backyard. ( I have neighbors 20' to the left and right of me.) Anyone have a setup they consider to be backyard friendly and what decibel level is it at?

TIA!

I got one in .25 caliber from TalonTunes and couldn't be happier.

https://talontunes.com/shop/aaa-talonp/

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/talonp-accuracy/?referrer=1

IMG_3271.1652052895.jpg

Reactions: mercado
I've been thinking of buying the Talon-P as my first PCP air gun. I'd like to shoot racoons at night and it needs to be backyard friendly.

I read that AirForce recently released a Talon-P carbine model which has a factory installed moderator. I searched the forum for noise measurement data and couldn't find anything. I called the folks at AirForce and they didn't have any measurement data on the factory installed suppressor to share. 

Without data on the effectiveness of the factory suppressor I thought I'd buy a Talon-P and install an aftermarket suppressor. So I emailed DonnyFL and he recommended the 0.25/0.30 Ronnin suppressor with a 1/2 by 20 Talon-P adapter. 

I asked the folks at AirForce how their suppressor compared with something from DonnnyFL and they didn't offer to comment. 

I joined the forum a few weeks ago. It's been a great source of information. This is my first post. I haven't purchased anything yet.

I've been thinking of buying the Talon-P as my first PCP air gun. I'd like to shoot racoons at night and it needs to be backyard friendly.

I read that AirForce recently released a Talon-P carbine model which has a factory installed moderator. I searched the forum for noise measurement data and couldn't find anything. I called the folks at AirForce and they didn't have any measurement data on the factory installed suppressor to share. 

Without data on the effectiveness of the factory suppressor I thought I'd buy a Talon-P and install an aftermarket suppressor. So I emailed DonnyFL and he recommended the 0.25/0.30 Ronnin suppressor with a 1/2 by 20 Talon-P adapter. 

I asked the folks at AirForce how their suppressor compared with something from DonnnyFL and they didn't offer to comment. 

I joined the forum a few weeks ago. It's been a great source of information. This is my first post. I haven't purchased anything yet.

At about 12 minutes, he shows the sound measurement without and with the moderator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSlJwqqjhBo

I got my TalonP .25 from Talon Tunes also. I added a Mad Dog stock to mine. 

IMG_2079.1652074015.JPG

A really great PCP. The stock really finished it off well.

I'm really curious about your setup.

Is that an infrared illuminator or an LED light? How do you have it mounted?

I'll search for information on the Mad Dog stock.

It is just a light. I added it for late night visitors to the chicken pen. It lights that area up well from just outside my door.

The Mad Dog stock was a huge improvement on many levels. I was just a little concerned about the added weight, but the stock is surprisingly light.

I also recently acquired a 330cc air tank that is a perfect fit and comes just to the end of the stock. Looks good and increased my shot count. I would post a picture, but I am currently 150 miles away from it.

I got my TalonP .25 from Talon Tunes also. I added a Mad Dog stock to mine. 

IMG_2079.1652074015.JPG

A really great PCP. The stock really finished it off well.

I'm really curious about your setup.

Is that an infrared illuminator or an LED light? How do you have it mounted?

I'll search for information on the Mad Dog stock.

It is just a light. I added it for late night visitors to the chicken pen. It lights that area up well from just outside my door.

The Mad Dog stock was a huge improvement on many levels. I was just a little concerned about the added weight, but the stock is surprisingly light.

I also recently acquired a 330cc air tank that is a perfect fit and comes just to the end of the stock. Looks good and increased my shot count. I would post a picture, but I am currently 150 miles away from it.

I'm trying to come up with a strategy for dealing with similar visitors to my backyard. Trying to decide on a PCP airgun and optics system.

Night vision scopes are too expensive so I've ruled those out. The price of some of the infra red digital scopes seems to have stabilized or come down a bit. At least for the older models. But then I got hung up on models with replaceable batteries vs. built in LED batteries. The next option to consider is something along the lines of what you have. A good LED light source and large objective scope. Power and eye relief depending on the type of gun.

What sort of mount did you use for the light source?