• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Question for AAA Evol owners

Both my Evol 30 Standard and Mini 22 are the same.

Oh yes,...

rBVaR1vyVHmAKujoAANu5pMNxhw268.1638656865.jpg

Reactions: Hhall1
yes all do it you hearing the valve moving back and forth and the blue spring moving in bore . , there is not alot of info on these guns , I had a leaking valve in mine a week ago so I had to strip gun and repair it , well here what makes the evol tick , I like the gun but they have issues with leaks from various orings and valve . ALso Id like to say it is difficult to get any parts for them , When I stripped mine down I wanted to replace the valve and seat the seat was poorly machined I called aoa and tried to order one , welll they said we will call you back , they didnt I tried again no reply ugg reminds me of FX issues before they they moved to NC n Now FX support is A++.. My only gripe is for a expensive gun how about some better support .

However when gun is working properly , it is extremely accurate . here is some pics , the target in upper left was me getting slugs someone sent me to try to get accurate and after sizing and squaring they shoot great , also the 54 and 61 and 66 gr shoot like a lazer in mine 

LOU

1202211650a.1638673810.jpg
1202211650b.1638673811.jpg
1129211313.1638674007.jpg

1129211313_HDR.1638674008.jpg
1129211314.1638674009.jpg

1202211248_HDR.1638674176.jpg

Thanks. I also tore mine apart a month ago and changed all the o-rings. I didn’t see any wear on any components, but the o-rings were in horrible shape. Yesterday I noticed the orings on the regulator had already expanded and needed replacement again. I’ll try Tom’s recommendation to change to viton 90 orings and see if they last longer. I agree on the accuracy of the gun and even with these few issues I’m having, I still love it. 

Thanks. I also tore mine apart a month ago and changed all the o-rings. I didn’t see any wear on any components, but the o-rings were in horrible shape. Yesterday I noticed the orings on the regulator had already expanded and needed replacement again. I’ll try Tom’s recommendation to change to viton 90 orings and see if they last longer. I agree on the accuracy of the gun and even with these few issues I’m having, I still love it.

Use pure silicone grease on the static o-rings and it should not break down like that. A chemical mixture of some sort in the grease being used is breaking down the rubber.

Use pure silicone grease on the static o-rings and it should not break down like that. A chemical mixture of some sort in the grease being used is breaking down the rubber.

I used silicone grease, but they still expanded. I think Tom’s explanation makes sense, that the inner diameter of the tubes is now slightly larger than before and therefore a harder o-ring is needed. Makes sense since some people experience this problem and others not… I guess my tube is one with the larger inner diameter. 

I used silicone grease, but they still expanded. I think Tom’s explanation makes sense, that the inner diameter of the tubes is now slightly larger than before and therefore a harder o-ring is needed. Makes sense since some people experience this problem and others not… I guess my tube is one with the larger inner diameter.

That does sound right. I have experienced both situations. 

@jwrabbit123 If your seal and valve is bad you should send them off to Airguns of Arizona for a warranty replacement. There is a good warranty on the Evol and that is their function as an intermediary to AAA.

One year for leaks is a good warranty...I DON'T THINK SO especially now that we’re seeing problems with the gun leaking and AAA upgraded the part. I think they should extend the warranty for leaks that happen in that area. When I’m hearing sub par machining on some parts I question why I bought an Evol. BTW...it’s already been back to AoA for the regulator leak after owning the gun for 3 months.

One year for leaks is a good warranty...I don’t think so especially now that we’re seeing problems with the gun leaking and AAA upgraded the part. I think they should extend the warranty for leaks that happen in that area. When I’m hearing sub par machining on some parts I question why I bought an Evol. BTW...it’s already been back to AoA for the regulator leak after owning the gun for 3 months.

In another thread yesterday Tom wrote you should contact him or AOA service department if you have a problem with the reservoir tube o-ring or the gauge spacer o-ring. He specifically said it doesn’t matter when you bought the gun. Perhaps there should be a sticky so everyone gets the information. 

Reactions: Ezana4CE
I did contact AOA and got s csll bsck saying someone would call me with parts who mite be able to help , but they never returned my call . If I didnt fix it Id still be waiting so I dont agree with airgun hobbyist also some sent to AOA and had repeated issues , I rather service my own airguns and stock all seals , when I buy any airgun , I do order all orings gun takes , Threw the years I found I need to stock parts and I have a small lathe so I can resurface valves or seats and make parts if needed , I was a mechanic my whole life and its just like auto repair there are good techs and some not so good , For price of shipping and the amount of work it takes and unknown what shape your gun gets returned to you , I wont send back a gun but this is me ,

If I have to reseal a gun I generally clean up everything and I polish any parts so orings last longer , example like if a regulator oring leaks , alot of time it can be due to the roughness or edges where it sits , sometimes a little bit of polishing and lubing and cleaning can prevent same seal from leaking again , and I look at it this way , if it is my gun I spend time to make it perfect , but if it is sent to a shop they may just replace oring and not clean or polish , I hope you get it ,I sent out 2 guns under warranty like in 2015 and both were a nitemare , I would not relive this again , actually one gun was New I was told well you shot gun below 100 bar and the regulator orings wont seal and needs to be machined for $300 ,

Hello this was BS I got gun filled it with air it leaked out I sent it back and this was outcome , I wont mention names but unfortunately some are like this not everyone is honest or helpful , so we need to depend on ourselves , this is how I see it LOU

Reactions: pan60
I did contact AOA and got s csll bsck saying someone would call me with parts who mite be able to help , but they never returned my call . If I didnt fix it Id still be waiting so I dont agree with airgun hobbyist also some sent to AOA and had repeated issues , I rather service my own airguns and stock all seals , when I buy any airgun , I do order all orings gun takes , Threw the years I found I need to stock parts and I have a small lathe so I can resurface valves or seats and make parts if needed , I was a mechanic my whole life and its just like auto repair there are good techs and some not so good , For price of shipping and the amount of work it takes and unknown what shape your gun gets returned to you , I wont send back a gun but this is me ,

If I have to reseal a gun I generally clean up everything and I polish any parts so orings last longer , example like if a regulator oring leaks , alot of time it can be due to the roughness or edges where it sits , sometimes a little bit of polishing and lubing and cleaning can prevent same seal from leaking again , and I look at it this way , if it is my gun I spend time to make it perfect , but if it is sent to a shop they may just replace oring and not clean or polish , I hope you get it ,I sent out 2 guns under warranty like in 2015 and both were a nitemare , I would not relive this again , actually one gun was New I was told well you shot gun below 100 bar and the regulator orings wont seal and needs to be machined for $300 ,

Hello this was BS I got gun filled it with air it leaked out I sent it back and this was outcome , I wont mention names but unfortunately some are like this not everyone is honest or helpful , so we need to depend on ourselves , this is how I see it LOU

I totally agree. Even though my Evol is the first airgun I’ve owned, I wasn’t reluctant to take it apart and replace all the o-rings. I just need to know how everything works. I must admit, I have trust issues when it comes to repairs. Even if an item is under warrantee, I’ll usually still take it apart and understand the problem and only send it in if I can’t repair it myself. The Evol was very easy to disassemble and I was impressed with the quality of the rifle. 

I totally agree. Even though my Evol is the first airgun I’ve owned, I wasn’t reluctant to take it apart and replace all the o-rings. I just need to know how everything works. I must admit, I have trust issues when it comes to repairs. Even if an item is under warrantee, I’ll usually still take it apart and understand the problem and only send it in if I can’t repair it myself. The Evol was very easy to disassemble and I was impressed with the quality of the rifle.

With regards to the initial gage spacer leak issues, it sounds as though Tom is making things right. Tom also was given air cylinder tubes that were manufactured on the large side of the spec, which is allowing the thin o-ring to distort and eventually leak. It is not the receiver machining that was in question, but rather the supplier because the gun was machined around that tube's inner diameter. In both instances, the leaks are something that develops over a longer period of time, not necessarily something foreseeable, and he is getting issues resolved. I commend him for his efforts.

I do my own 'smith work on everything as well, even though under warranty. I'll still have the manufacturer or dealer supply me with the o-rings and parts if need be. I fixed the gauge leak issue with a different sized o'-ring ( metric instead of American standard).