• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Question about using an air tank for other purposes.

I have an Air Venturi 74 cu ft tank and a Yong Yeng compressor coming soon. I’ve been thinking of ways to use the system for filling air containers other than air guns. One such container I’ve been thinking about is my inflatable standup paddleboard. It’d be really nice to not have to manually pump up the paddleboard or use the slow electric pump that I normally use. Is there a way to regulate the 4500psi down to safety fill the paddleboard up to 15psi? Sorry if the topic of this question is outside the scope of this forum.

I wouldn't put any more hours on a YONG HENG for anything other than its intended purpose. I'd buy a cheap Wal-Mart tire inflator like the SLIME brand then you can ALSO top off the air in Your car tires every 2 weeks which most people never do or don't care or don't know or are just too lazy to save gas don't care about premature tire wear. Get the one with the needle dial to preset auto shut off. Keep it in Your car.

A tire pump doesn’t put out enough volume to pump the paddleboard. Trust me, I’ve tried. I was thinking about filling the paddleboard from the tank, not the Yong Heng directly. That way, when I go on a trip, i can fill from the tank and it shouldn’t take much time. I know off-road guys sometimes carry bottles to fill up their tires after deflating for offroad, but I don’t think their bottles are at 4500 psi.

Using the tank to fill other things will be fine. Don't worry about needing a regulator. Just be careful when moderating the valve tap. Using your gun's fill adaptor and hose should also be fine. It shouldn't be too hard to find any other fittings that you might need.

So how does he know when he is at 15psi to stop and not pop it?

I said just be careful. You don't have to be a brain surgeon to know what you are filling is full. Use a tyre gauge if you want to check it.

OH DUH!!!

HOWS ABOUT BLASTING IT REALLY SLOWLY!!! FIRST WITH THE AV 4500PSI TANK JUST TO START TO TAKE THE BULK OF THE FILL THEN TOP OFF WITH THE HAND PUMP!

1596605999_9913083025f2a462f70d119.64169968.png