Question about the new FX Wildcat Mk III BT

Does anyone know if the 480cc CF bottles (with valves) which fit other FX rifles like the Crown, Dreamline, Impact MK2 and Wildcat MK III will also fit the new Wildcat BT?

I have ordered a Wildcat MK III BT VP which has an aluminum bottle. I have a spare 480cc CF bottle or two lying around after having upgraded a Crown MK2 to a 580cc bottle and the same for an Impact MK2 and would like to simply replace the 400cc aluminum one with one of those.

Perhaps if FX is monitoring the forum they could let me know but I would appreciate any knowledge that might be out there. (At this point I am not trying to go up to 300 Bar.My bottles are all 250 Bar ones).

Chris

Does anyone know if the 480cc CF bottles (with valves) which fit other FX rifles like the Crown, Dreamline, Impact MK2 and Wildcat MK III will also fit the new Wildcat BT?

I have ordered a Wildcat MK III BT VP which has an aluminum bottle. I have a spare 480cc CF bottle or two lying around after having upgraded a Crown MK2 to a 580cc bottle and the same for an Impact MK2 and would like to simply replace the 400cc aluminum one with one of those.

Perhaps if FX is monitoring the forum they could let me know but I would appreciate any knowledge that might be out there. (At this point I am not trying to go up to 300 Bar.My bottles are all 250 Bar ones).

Chris

Hi Chris,

The CF and aluminum 250 Bar bottles you already own from your other FX guns should work fine with the WC BT. 

Regards, 

FX Airguns USA 

Chris

Hi Chris,

The CF and aluminum 250 Bar bottles you already own from your other FX guns should work fine with the WC BT. 

Regards, 

FX Airguns USA

Thanks FX. Appreciate the follow up!

I notice what appears to be a spacer of sorts on my Wildcat VP bottle: located between the valve and bottle opening. Can anyone tell me if this is required for all aluminum bottles or is it something specific to the Wildcat BT VP? If I should need this spacer to utilize a different bottle, aluminum or carbon fiber, where would I find them?
I can’t tell if the spacer is required for all aluminum bottles. What I CAN tell you is that it is not required when you use a carbon fiber bottle on the Wildcat Mk3 BT. I converted my Wildcat MK3 BT VP to a MK3 BT Compact, with a 500mm barrel and a 480cc bottle. You need the newer bottle or valve from the Impact M3, but it works perfectly- without the spacer.

Having never owned an FX gun, I was wondering if the bottle off of a Daystate would fit. I am interested in getting one of these but I’m thinking I’d like to get the VP and put a carbon bottle on it and I already have a Daystate bottle. Anybody know?
The threads are different on the daystate valve. At least on the alpha and delta wolf. But the bottles themselves would swap. They both have the same threads on the bottle themselves. Of course always double check before installing

Allen

Last edited:
For those interested. I wrote to FXServiceUSA about the 'spacer' used on the Wildcat BT VP (placed between the valve and bottle) and this is their reply: "This is a Rubber/Steel washer (11507) and is a secondary sealing surface for the bottle adapter. All newer rifles have this washer for all bottle rifles." I suspect the part number is 11507 but no price was give nor reasoning for such an addition. Which among you will be adding this new part to your bottled FX rifles going forward? ChRiSiS has already put a carbon fiber bottle onto his new Wildcat MK3 BT VP and to my knowledge did not use the spacer. Any issues holding air ChRiSiS?

For those interested. I wrote to FXServiceUSA about the 'spacer' used on the Wildcat BT VP (placed between the valve and bottle) and this is their reply: "This is a Rubber/Steel washer (11507) and is a secondary sealing surface for the bottle adapter. All newer rifles have this washer for all bottle rifles." I suspect the part number is 11507 but no price was give nor reasoning for such an addition. Which among you will be adding this new part to your bottled FX rifles going forward? ChRiSiS has already put a carbon fiber bottle onto his new Wildcat MK3 BT VP and to my knowledge did not use the spacer. Any issues holding air ChRiSiS?
Did look something like this?
images (7).jpeg

Then yes, normal, and one of the seals between bottle and valve. I have on my impacts. The steel washer is to prevent you from crushing the seal when tightening. It also is there to prevent high presure from blowing out the rubber seal.

Allen

No issues whatsoever!! It’s been nearly two months and no problems.

I don't think the 'rubber steel washer', part number 11507, is the piece I have been asking questions about. I will pull my bottle later today and take a couple of pictures showing what I am asking about. My main concern is if the part is functionally necessary or just utilized to add distance from the stock for the aluminum bottle. Wish FX would update their site with full schematics/ parts listing on the Wildcat BT VP.