Question about the M3 30 cal

I purchased a M3 a year ago. It came from the store in 177 FAC. I have also been using my 22 barrel sets from the Mk2 with great success with pellets / slugs . Finally decided to try the 30 cal barrel set. 700 mm. Im shooting the 44 gr pellets from FX and I can't get the speed above 880. I tried all reg and hammer settings and max speed is 880. Thats good for pellets. One hole at 50 meter. But I ordered some slugs an I'm wondering why I can't get any higher speeds. I have a slug power kit.. not installed as I know the M3 doesn't take much advantage of that. Can anyone confirm if the 30 cal m3 has any different hammer weight , spacers or spring than the 22 cal m3? 

You first might want to check the alignment of your pellet probe..... if that is not over the port if will limit speed. 

With my MK3 I can easy tune .30 50 grains into high 900's 

Also do not overpower by bar's ..... 110 bar (2nd reg)will do with the 44

Macro Wheel on 16 and tweak with micro to max (ideal 20 over desired speed)

than check valve in-out to max (i have about 4.5+)

Good luck

Reactions: biohazardman
The power kit will likely help you out with velocities a bit as it has a couple of hammer spring shims and lighter valve return spring as well as the much debated pin probe. 

But you may, as mentioned above, want to check your probe alignment first cuz if it is just a little off it will your velocities will be lower.

Pin probe alignment explained at the 33:45 minute mark on the video in the link below. If you are using the stock probe it must line up perfectly with the barrel port to get the most velocity from your gun.

https://www.airgun101.com/airbuks/video/fx-impact-mkii-to-m3-upgrade

You can just mark your probe where it goes into the barrel, with the action closed, then remove your probe and barrel and push the loose probe into the barrel to see your if indexing mark lines up.

If not you have to tear yer gun apart, check the video again, to get it adjusted correctly.

Thank for the reply’s . I did a quick check on the alignment of the pellet probe . And it looks like it was missing 1 mm to be completely in place. I took the gun apart an made one counter clockwise turn on the rod. Looks like it’s now aligned much better and it doesn’t conflict with the magazine. It gave me about 10 FPS increase with the same setting. 110 bar micro 4.2 and macro 16. Valve 4 lines. Maybe next step is to ad one spacers from the power kit 🤔 anyway I was thinking to order the huma tp and probe maybe that will do the trick

picture is showing before adjustment was done . 

7483EC3A-591A-44FA-9ADC-1A4EB93D18CA.1645367084.jpeg

I have the M3 in .30 it is completely stock 2cd reg @ 135 mac is 16 micro is 4.8 valve on 5 shoot hybrids at 990 fps it was wasting a lot of air but gun is capable le of even more fps by raising reg. I realize this is not a good tune but wanted to let you know that a stock Gun can shoot high 900s know problem.

Here is the tune from FX support for 44 gr pellets and Hybridd

Here is the Standard pellet tune:

valve line 4-5

The Hybrid tune would be close to the following:

4-5

valve line 5