Question about the Benjamin Marauder BP2564S (.25 Cal)

Milf Dots

Jul 7, 2022
Aloha
Is there anyway I can purchase a barrel from Green Mountain or LW and have it dopped in? And I was also watching some youtube videos about how there is no longer the HDD available for these newer marauders, but they now take the TSS (Twin Spring System). Can anyone confirm this for me? And if so, where can I purchase the barrel and the TSS tune upgrade? If someone out there has a link they could provide me, I'd surely appreciate all your help!

The reason why I ask, is because I used to have an older .25 marauder that did have the GM barrel in it, and it was a laser!! under half inch groups at 50 yards. This one my friend bought is NOT the same, I believe its Crosman's barrel now in the new .25 marauders? But he really wants to do whatever it takes to squeeze the absolute last bit of accuracy out of this thing. Again, any help is needed and sincerely appreciated. Thanks guys!

I will agree with "PumaCarl", Roy is great to work with. Whether you run a TJ, LW, or a Poly barrel, the Team at "Mountain Air Custom Airguns" can take of any of your needs. I have several M-Rods and only 1 out of the 5 has a factory barrel. All are tack drivers capable of performing as well if not better than the 2k dollar rifles. On the way down the "Rabbit Hole", valve, transfer port, free floating hammer, barrel; massive power improvement, sub moa accuracy, and efficiency that keeps you shooting. Marauders are a GREAT platform to build on.

I have quite a few mrods and a couple of Roy’s barrels, both a lw and tj. The 1:22 unchoked tj is a freakin’ laser in .25 for pellets, using it in a 60 fpe mrod next TEXtreme rifle instead of a Prophet. The 12” lw lives on p-rod now for TEXtreme pistol but I first used in regular FT hunter class because it shot so well and was hitting the 50yd targets with relative ease. So yep, his barrels have my vote.

Is there anyway I can purchase a barrel from Green Mountain or LW and have it dopped in? And I was also watching some youtube videos about how there is no longer the HDD available for these newer marauders, but they now take the TSS (Twin Spring System). Can anyone confirm this for me? And if so, where can I purchase the barrel and the TSS tune upgrade? If someone out there has a link they could provide me, I'd surely appreciate all your help!

The reason why I ask, is because I used to have an older .25 marauder that did have the GM barrel in it, and it was a laser!! under half inch groups at 50 yards. This one my friend bought is NOT the same, I believe its Crosman's barrel now in the new .25 marauders? But he really wants to do whatever it takes to squeeze the absolute last bit of accuracy out of this thing. Again, any help is needed and sincerely appreciated. Thanks guys!
Do you have a gen 1 or gen 2 mrod because I have a TSS for a gen2.

1657329730969.png
1657329763764.png

I use a home-made free floating hammer

Reactions: Dan25
That is a cool setup you have there. I am getting my Gen 1 Mrod in .25 (BP2563) back up and running after being out of PCP guns for a long while. Doing a parts order for it and a Challenger2009 from Crosman tomorrow. Seems the PCP bug bit me again as I have three project guns going on at this time. What are the advantages of your setup? Have you posted a thread on it? If memory serves I was getting low twenty's shot count, very flat curve 820s- 830s with 25.4 JSB Kings. Filling 2800 shooting to 2100 or so with Bstaley Oring mod. Thinking of tuning down from 40 ft. .bs to mid 30s for stealth back yard tune with lighter H&N FTTs 20 gr. if they will group, and increased shot count. Looks like you lightened your hammer by drilling? I have been away from tuning for around 4 years so Im very far behind the curve. Any info you can give would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
Hey Dan25,
I haven't thought about running a thread about it, but I have no problem explaining what I've done.
The hammer that is drilled out is a "Hill Hammer", those are really light; you'll need to add a heavier spring for higher pressures. As an anti-bounce device, the free floating hammer is working out great for me. With a 44 grain slug, I am running 960+ fps (1085fps max so far). I am getting 3 1/2 to 4 mags of full power shots. I can tune it down and shoot lighter ammo and get a super high shot count, but I LOVE being able to push Heavy slugs in the wind. While making great power, my rifles are still really quiet; backyard friendly.
The Marauder platform is so easy to mod and there are tons of tuning options out there. I guess it all depends on how far you want to go down the rabbit hole......

Reactions: JEHolloway