Question about quality.

I got to use the Fortitude for it's intended purposes this morning. 2 down at 40-42 yards.
1587906046_21399454175ea585fe6389a0.69996514.jpg

Add the hours you spent correcting these issues and what you value your time to be and you've got less than a cheap gun?

Once you start investing your time and money into a less expensive gun. You can bring out better accuracy but you won’t ever recoup the investment. Or make it as refined as a pricier PCP. Some end up modding and spending as much as just buying a better PCP to begin with. Enjoy your rig, know that it won’t be your last PCP. Good shooting on the squirrels.

I never did see an answer from the OP on if this was 50y or 50ft, everybody jumped to the conclusion of yards, my thoughts are it was 50ft because he was disappointed in that group, we all know that's outstanding performance from a gun having that kind of a price tag, for that matter even an expensive gun outside in the wind. 

One thing to help with accuracy is the scope, I won't buy a scope that doesn't have a locking nut/ring on the eyepiece, I've seen sooooooo many scopes that with very little pressure on the eyepiece you could see the cross hairs move ¼ to ½" at 25yards, one way I've fixed this for other people is use electrical tape and wrap it tightly around the eyepiece, done deal it won't move from there. ;~) 

1587918567_9789426515ea5b6e729ab57.41186905.png

Shoot straight and have fun John C

I never did see an answer from the OP on if this was 50y or 50ft, everybody jumped to the conclusion of yards, my thoughts are it was 50ft because he was disappointed in that group, we all know that's outstanding performance from a gun having that kind of a price tag, for that matter even an expensive gun outside in the wind. 

One thing to help with accuracy is the scope, I won't buy a scope that doesn't have a locking nut/ring on the eyepiece, I've seen sooooooo many scopes that with very little pressure on the eyepiece you could see the cross hairs move ¼ to ½" at 25yards, one way I've fixed this for other people is use electrical tape and wrap it tightly around the eyepiece, done deal it won't move from there. ;~) 

1587918567_9789426515ea5b6e729ab57.41186905.png

Shoot straight and have fun John C

This was 50 yards. That's all the room I have at home. I'm not disappointed at all. My question is , is a 2000 dollar rig gonna do any better. I see no reason to change.

As far as the scope, it's a fantastic scope. In fact I'm ordering 2 more to replace Vortex scopes on other rifles. If sig scopes are all this quality, they just gained a customer. Some of the brightest lenses I have seen. Check them out if you get a chance.

Firstly, I would shoot more groups at 50y. Let's say 9 groups, 5 shots per each group. You need to determine when the accuracy goes off due to the barrel leading. One group tells nothing and can be even misleading.

Secondly, a PCP rifle is more than accuracy. It is all about ergonomics, longibility and fun to shoot. If you cannot see the difference between your airgun and e.g. EDgun, then you need to check your eyes.

Firstly, I would shoot more groups at 50y. Let's say 9 groups, 5 shots per each group. You need to determine when the accuracy goes off due to the barrel leading. One group tells nothing and can be even misleading.

Secondly, a PCP rifle is more than accuracy. It is all about ergonomics, longibility and fun to shoot. If you cannot see the difference between your airgun and e.g. EDgun, then you need to check your eyes.

You think I shot 1 group and put it away? Maybe you should read the post. The work multiple means many.

The guy has a gun and is happy with it, yet you all keep telling him not to be so happy because he did not spend enough or did not buy into your favorite clubhouse brand. Cripes sake, what a bunch of elitest crap that is. Don't hate on what another guy has or does.

1911Matt - good on you for your success. Good on you for improving your rig. Good on you for being humble and tolerant of peers who look down on you for no reason. Know that not all of the group here feels the same way. Spend your money how you want to and enjoy what you do. I am quite disappointed in the behaviour of the group. Sheesh.

I took it to the inlaws today where I can stretch out some. 100 yard 5 shot groups ranged from 1.25" to .625" ( 1 1/4 to 5/8). The groupings were 4.25" low at 100 yards. I did not recenter as my average squirrel shot is 40 yards.

When the wind blew AT ALL there was no accuracy to speak of. Groups opened to 3-5 inches. The 15.86 gr pellet just could not buck the wind. 

Just for hoots I moved the target out to 200 yards. With a fill 5 mill hold over I could consistently hit a pie pan. Groupings at 200 were not measured, but I estimate 10 inches. I'd say that 7 out of 10 hit the pan. I need to make a gong for that distance. Thank God we had a atv to ride back and forth.

All in all I expect nothing more out of the $300 PCP. I now know it's limits. I would possibly try a squirrel out to 80 yards but beyond that I'm concerned the fpe would not make a humane kill. 

So impressive, seriously. The Benjamin/Crosman PCP's are amazing. My three year old Maximus is as accurate, powerful, and rugged as it was when new.

No issues at all. Yes, they feel more "industrial" than "refined", but man they work, and work well. Enjoy!

Yes sir and if I break it half in two, I can buy another with out breaking the bank. Plus I enjoy 60 shots per fill. 

After the abuse from these guys on the fortitude, I'm not sure I want to share anything about the Stormrider.