• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Question about picatinny rails

These are both considered picatinny rails. But as you can see they’re both different. My scope mount doesn’t mount right to the one on the right so I’m looking for the reference name for the one on the left if there is one. Something to confirm that I’m buying this specific rail. Thanks
8C5B45DD-ED1D-4E85-A17A-E951D9365B0E.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
Yeah -

1 - 1913 Picatinny
2 - Weaver
3 - Nato
4 - 11mm (no locking lugs)
5 - 13mm (no locking lugs)
6 - Mixture of 1, 2 and 3
7 - Mixture of 4 and 5

THEN...because there is no, single "National Standard" dimension, that EVERYONE uses. Machining and or casting these rails, the people can make anything that they think is good for them, or any combination of the three above.

THEN...again...there is the "adapters" that go from 11mm dovetail, and THEN...13mm dovetail rails.
I've noticed that one of the adapters isn't very accurate, the Eagle adapters seem to fit the best, but again... Notice that the Eagle adapters have BOTH, Picatinny adapters for...both the 11mm and the 13mm rails (dovetail).

Again, NO..."National Standard" that everyone abides by.
No one is forcing them to, it just not important enough to spend money on to police ALL of the many rail manufacturers.

Mike

Reactions: Cgregg90