• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Question about pcp air tank design/dimensions

one thing I immediately wonder is, why does nobody make a longer carbon fiber airgun cylinder? If you look at the Hatsan bully, FX impact, evanix x2 etc, those guns have so much room for a longer air tank...could those same diameter tanks not be made 40, 50, 60% longer? Is it an issue of limits of the material strength? It seems like an extended 800cc upgrade tank would be a hot seller and an easy retrofit to certain guns like the ones I mentioned above.

Weight issues. Also the length of the tank could potentially put a strain on the valve. My AT 44 has a removable tank and everytime i take it off I wonder how much strain the ori gs and the brass threads can stand as thats really all that holds the tank in place (the barrel band helps a little bit). Im sure there is some kind of structural limitation on length vs width of these tanks also.