• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Question about my FX Crown Continuum

I wouldn't use the longer barrel unless shooting past 75 yards. Only real advantage is more volume for expanding air to act on a projectile. You can shoot heavier projectiles faster. I can make more than double the power on my 700mm barrel than I can the 380. But I don't need a ton of power. So, I'm converting my 700 to a 500mm slug barrel instead to shoot 21 gr slugs or somewhere in that light weight range 

I switch back and forth between the 380mm and the 700mm on my Crown Continuum .22. The 700 mm definitely gives more power, is MUCH better when shooting at 100 Yards and actually doesn’t feel that much heavier. It is, however, more awkward to walk around with, especially if you have a moderator on the end. I enjoy changing things up, so I do it, but I do agree that if you are shooting below 50-75 yards there is not a heck of a lot of difference.

Chris

While the 700mm will allow you more power, it can alternatively allow you to be more efficient if you like the power you have with the 380. You can drop your reg from like 150 with the 380 to like 110 with the 700mm and still shoot the same power. Therefore, you are gaining more shots with the 700 tuned lower. That is a big advantage in some situations, but not usually for hunting. 

Yes, the barrel is much longer, so you have to decide how you are going to be shooting and if that efficiency is worth it. If stationary and not carrying it around, you might as well use the 700. If moving around to hunt, the 380 is definitely going to be more maneuverable.