• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Question about multi-BC in Strelok + Labradar

Im wondering if a Lab Radar chrony might be able to solve a problem Im having.
If anyone has experience with this, please chime in.

Question:
Specifically, what I want to know is -> Does the multi-BC function in Strelok have a significant impact on accuracy of the trajectory data?
Ive never had 5 BC data points to try in Strelok before but I understand the Lab Radar can give me those data points to input.
I wonder if having the additional 4 BC inputs might prevent the need to do "step 5" of my process below.

My current process:
1) Zero in at 50y
2) Use FX chrony to get muzzle velocity and put that in Strelok as a "single BC"
3) Shoot the 75y target and dial the elevation knob to align impact with crosshairs
4) Using the Strelok "Trajectory Validation" function, I'll enter in the needed MOA/MIL at 75y -> this then adjusts my velocity accordingly.
5) Test accuracy of Strelok data at various distances and make small adjustments to BC, FPS, scope height, etc until its reasonably accurate between 20y and 100y.

It seems some rifles just dont seem to track well in Strelok. In particular, my .22 Impact shooting the redesigns at 970fps wont line up well at all.
On the other hand, my .30 impact shooting 44.75g at 860 lines up perfectly with the Strelok table.
While I have been able to tweak the Strelok settings to get reasonable alignment, its frustrating to have to re-do step 5 above every time I make changes to my rifle.
Maybe step 5 is just a necessary evil on some rifles, but if the multi-BC data has a meaningful impact on accuracy, I'd spring for it.

Thanks for weighing in with your thoughts.
Brian

I am just wondering what is the accuracy of your .22 MRD's at 50 and 100 meters? Are you basing your POI on a single shot or groups as 5 or 10 shots in a ring?
Just FYI my MRD's almost hole in hole (subMOA) @ 50 meters, at 75 opens up to MOA borderline, and at 100 all over the place. This with my Leshiy2 + FX Superior .22x600 liner.
With my two guns (.25 and .22) I sight in at longest distance I will be shooting, 50 for 22 and 100 for 25. And that is a single data for Strelock.
Whatever Strelok tells me to dial the turrets.
I am also swapping three scopes on my .22, a LPVO a Mid power and a High Power, depend what game I want to play that day.
I also printing turret tapes based on data whatever Strelok is telling me.
So far I did not had any confusion with Strelok data, I didn't need to cross check anything.
But we understand that very clearly, if we feed the Strelok with precise data we get a precise feedback, if we feed it with junk we get that junk back as well...

Last edited:
The more bc data points you get the more accurate the strelok can be I'd imagine
Let say you sight in distances and you got your manual clicks for 20-40-60-80-100.
For whatever reason these clicks gave you the POI you were satisfied with.
You entered these distances and clicks, and for sure some my be off according to Strelok.
There is a margin in calculation that accepts some rounding errors, and some data may be out of limits.
This can lead to shifting. I have seen these rounding errors in some other shooting software in the past.
Again, Strelok in my eyes is a great tool, I had no issues with it, one click up or down will not collapse my day.
Just saying... if floats your boat why not.

Reactions: Airgunmann
Let say you sight in distances and you got your manual clicks for 20-40-60-80-100.
For whatever reason these clicks gave you the POI you were satisfied with.
You entered these distances and clicks, and for sure some my be off according to Strelok.
There is a margin in calculation that accepts some rounding errors, and some data may be out of limits.
This can lead to shifting. I have seen these rounding errors in some other shooting software in the past.
Again, Strelok in my eyes is a great tool, I had no issues with it, one click up or down will not collapse my day.
Just saying... if floats your boat why not.
True