• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Question about Daystate Red Wolf tuning

I just want to clarify something about the tuning for the Red Wolf. Initially, I thought that the computer in the gun is constantly adjusting how the valve opens depending on the pressure in the bottle. The more I read about tuning the gun though, the more I realize that the gun is really only working with 3 different hard point settings based on 3 different points from the bottle pressure. The user is just setting the lift (dictated by the voltage) and the dwell (dictated by the micro seconds setting) for each of the 3 points in the bottle's pressure. Which means that each setting (dwell and lift) is actually working in a very wide range of pressure? Please correct me if there are errors in my understanding.

Francis, not exactly correct. You set the 3 points. And when bottle pressure is between two of them the GCU (gun control unit) interpolates between the set points using an algorithm. 
This is also true for the HeliBoard, although there are 20 set points for each power level of 12.

Thank you for saying that. So I would assume this is also correct for the Delta Wolf? That the computer in the DW also corrects for slight variations (reg creep) in the plenum pressures?