Question about Daisy model 25 pump gun build date.

I have a friend at work who found his 60 year old Daisy Model 25 pump gun a few days ago. I say sixty because he is 69 and thinks he remembers getting it for Christmas when he was like 8 or 9 years old.

They were cleaning out the attic and stumbled across it.

It is in very good shape. An 8 out of 10 easy. Only thing really wrong is most of the markings are worn off but no rust to speak of.

And it still pumps and seems to work. It has a plastic stock, combination flip up peep/notch rear sight, looks to be painted not blued and has gold silk screened images of a hunting dog and ducks or geese flying, sorta like an old engraved fancy shotgun. It has the "reg number" on the upper receiver stamped M386261 , wonder what year it was made?

Anybody got any ideas how much it might be worth? Or how much I should offer him for it?

I don't really need it, but I just love old airguns. And I already own a 1966 Crosman MKII that works and shoots flawlessly.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ray

The bottom seems to have fallen on 25 values. You can buy a new 25 for $40 or so and a lot of the Daisy collectors have died off. Mint guns in the box still bring a premium but shooters not so much. An auction on ebay or gunbroker would probably bring the biggest payday. Otherwise I think the value is about $40 to $50 no matter what the Bluebook says. Just an old mans opinion but I have been setting up at airgun shows for years.

Bob in WV