• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Question about cleaning equipment, NOT cleaners or lubes

• Thread starter Deleted member 46449
  • Start date
Be aware that the loop type pull throughs might be difficult to use if you have a shrouded barrel with a wider open gap with ports cut in it, inside the shroud, between the barrel muzzle and the exit hole out of the muzzle end cap. If your shroud assembly also tensions your barrel, removing that can change your zero. I couldn't get a flexible pull through past that point from either the muzzle or the breech on any of my PCP guns, after dozens of tries. Because I don't want to change anything on my barrel and shroud when cleaning I use a weed eater pull through from the muzzle. If it has been stored in my case rolled up, I will straighten the first 6 inches or so by bending between my thumb and index finger in the opposite direction of the curve to make easier to jump the gap between the shroud cap and the barrel muzzle.
No its not . Just remove the baffles . Feed the line through the breech end and pull through the muzzle end.. Nothing hard about that.. my gamo whisper fusion is baffled so is my hatsan QE. Just remove the end cap and pull the baffle stuff
I see the soda straw thing and wonder why?

Now i guess there's some that you cant remove. Dont know.. seems silly one cant be removed ,cleaned or serviced/ replaced/repaired by easily removing it ..?

Last edited:
No its not . Just remove the baffles . Feed the line through the breech end and pull through the muzzle end.. Nothing hard about that.. my gamo whisper fusion is baffled so is my hatsan QE. Just remove the end cap and pull the baffle stuff

Now i guess there's some that you cant remove. Dont know.. seems silly one cant be removed ,cleaned or serviced/ replaced/repaired by easily removing it ..?

As I already stated, I do not want to remove anything from my barrel unless I have to for cleaning as it changes my zero.

As I already stated, I do not want to remove anything from my barrel unless I have to for cleaning as it changes my zero.
Wow, never changes mine. On any of them.. going from a dirty barrel to a nice clean one will.. ( for the better)

Looking that 25 qe seems like the gamo whisper with the 2 roll pins instead of a screw on cap.. well in the end you got to do what you feels best for you..

😉

Wow, never changes mine. On any of them.. going from a dirty barrel to a nice clean one will.. ( for the better)

Looking that 25 qe seems like the gamo whisper with the 2 roll pins instead of a screw on cap.. well in the end you got to do what you feels best for you..

😉

My barrel is under tension and can change accuracy quite a bit depending on the tensioning amount. It shoots OK with no tension but superbly with just the right amount. The groups open up substantially with too little tension and too much pulls the barrel out of the receiver, so setting it up takes a while and I don't want to mess with it unless it is absolutely necessary.

There are rifles that dont have the guts come out as easy as taking an end cap off. If its more involved a straw is much easier and faster than taking things apart for a few patches.

HAH! Found it. I was on a site getting ready to buy a new snake and I suddenly remembered I had another cleaning kit assembled just for my .22 powder rifles. I had that kit stuffed away in a different closet. There was a Hoppe's .22 snake in that kit. Just pulled it through the Mod 25. I peered down the barrel before and after. There was definitely something in the barrel. No visible shavings came out. Maybe it was just dust.

I'll do a search for those rods in a few minutes. Thanks for that tip. I'm sure those will be better than the aluminum and brass rods I have now.
I use 30 cal and 22 cal bore snakes for my PB's. The thing I notice is that there is a brass brush segment about 1-1.5 inches long in the snake that is not flexible. In some of my airguns the breach is too short for the brush portion of the smake to "take the turn" specifically my 22 M-rod and Diana Bandit. The breach in those is only just wide enough to accommodate the mags. I would recommend a snake with a threaded connector at the end suitable for screwing in a patch jag and that's about it.

If you want to use your old PB snake I recommend you de-grease it thoroughly with a machine part degreaser like ZEP or similar compound. Then dedicate that snake to airgun use only.

There are rifles that dont have the guts come out as easy as taking an end cap off. If its more involved a straw is much easier and faster than taking things apart for a few patches.
Not like it takes a engineering degree to pull the baffle. Lol. Then i guess some folks aint mechanically inclined . Like how hard is it? Oh well good luck.

• Haha
Reactions: LDP
Not like it takes a engineering degree to pull the baffle. Lol. Then i guess some folks aint mechanically inclined . Like how hard is it? Oh well good luck.
Its not worth completely disassembling the shroud from the barrel on an air arms s510 just to avoid using a straw. As I already stated not all airguns take a simple end cap removal to pull shroud baffles. So in your mind it would be easier to take 3 min to remove the S510 shroud than 5 sec to pick up a straw?

If you want to use your old PB snake I recommend you de-grease it thoroughly with a machine part degreaser like ZEP or similar compound. Then dedicate that snake to airgun use only.

I thought about that after I pulled this snake through my Mod 25. I've used that snake a bunch on my .22 powder guns. I even thought I'd go ahead and buy a new one just because of all the nastiness I've pulled out of barrels in the past. Excellent point and well taken. I think I might just throw this one away and get a new one. You mentioned a snake with a threaded connector. Anything specific?

Thanks for the feedback!

I thought about that after I pulled this snake through my Mod 25. I've used that snake a bunch on my .22 powder guns. I even thought I'd go ahead and buy a new one just because of all the nastiness I've pulled out of barrels in the past. Excellent point and well taken. I think I might just throw this one away and get a new one. You mentioned a snake with a threaded connector. Anything specific?

Thanks for the feedback!
I bought this general airgun cleaning kit from Airgun Depot, it comes with the type of snake I mention.
Regards