• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Question about barrel tube/shroud on AA Ultimate Sporter XS (regulated)

Hello all,

I'd like to try a DonnyFL suppressor on my Ultimate Sporter XS .25. Rather than detach the Q-tec suppressor from the shroud, I would prefer to just get a second shroud, since the barrel tube on my Ult. Sp. unscrews with ease (the Q-Tec does not, even with heat). 

A question: for anyone who has removed the Q-Tec suppressor (which I'm not doing): Does Ultimate Sporter shroud have a male threaded end like the standard S510?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Here is a pic of the business end of my "Air Arms S510 XS Ultimate Sporter Xtra FAC, Black Soft Touch", which comes from the factory without a moderator.

IMG_0762.1600473612.JPG

Thanks TMH, that helps. If I'm not mistaken, Xtra FAC is the one with the longer shroud and the longer pressure tube. Correct? Mine has the mid-length barrel shroud and pressure tube w/ suppressor attached. There's a still shorter one in which the pressure tube is only a couple of inches past the end of the stock, also with the suppressor attached at the factory.

Yes TMH, yours is the long gun.The barrel shroud instead of having a suppressor has a few inches of baffles in the barrel, like the s510.

AA also makes the shorter "carbine" version of the Ultimate Sporter, which is still shorter than the carbine version of the s510.

Ultimate Sporter Carbine:

AAULT-LAM.1600612627.jpg

Mine is the medium sized sporter, with the barrel and the pressure tube being the same size as the s510 carbine.

s510-xs-xl.1600612683.jpg

For the record, in case anyone else is exploring this topic: here's a photograph that shows what the U. Sporter factory installed Q-Tec moderator looks like when removed from the shroud. (Though this pic, I think, is of the TDR). It looks like it has a threaded male end that screws into the female threaded shroud, while the barrel goes inside the moderator. Thoroughly hermaphroditic. Very stable connection, and true.

q-tec on tdr.1600640834.jpg