Question about 13xx build

Ohhh... I am sure I will mod it, expensively.
At first I read that as "extensively" and nodded. Then I realized it was "expensively" and really nodded... haha. I've been combing through parts and setting up a build list for my 1322 that is on the way, and it is going to be a pricey enterprise!

Spread out over time it will be fun, though. Can't wait to see your project!

She just arrived and appears to be in great shape. I suspect the previous owner was a BB shooter and the barrel may be shot out, but it was going to be one of the first things to get changed out on it so I'm not at all miffed about that. This one holds air and hits hard, but I'm not seeing any hint of rifling on the pellet, and the bore only has only the vaguest outlines of rifling. So, yeah, I think I need a barrel and probably a steel breech to go with it.
Edit to add: Played with it a bit today. After spending an hour cleaning the barrel, I've got rifling marks on pellets. It does stack the 7.33gr JSB's at 6 yards with 4 pumps. Yeah, I forgot how much I liked these!

Last edited:
Update on this one. There are a couple of minor gotchas with these older guns. First, If you upgrade the breach, you'll also need a new barrel. I did the breech only, the probe taper is all wrong to seal against the older barrel. Okay. New barrel... but the old transfer port is also the wrong size so you'll need the newer one of those too. Don't forget the TP seal. Let's see. New aluminum breech, barrel, TP, seal kit and a roll pin replacement has me about $150 once you add in shipping and taxes.
When I installed the breach and old barrel, the bolt would flop around on a whim. The shot sounded bad, like not all the air was going down the barrel. With a new barrel, the probe seals tightly. Shot sounds much better. No floppy probe. it stays put until you move it.
Now, the barrel I received looks like pure junk to me. It appears to have a fissure running the length of the barrel, ruining the rifling beyond any reasonable repair. It looks like they rifled some bad tubing. But for poops and grins, I'm gonna give it a go and just see how bad this is. The fissure aside, the rifling looks like it had potential. It's a shame. I was hoping that Crosman was making decent barrels, but it seems there has been something wrong with every single one I get.
Oh well. I'll see what this new barrel can (or can't) do and send it back if it is not up to the task. Frankly, the original barrel isn't bad and I would have stuck with it if everything was compatible. But it is the odd man out so it goes. Who's making LW barrels for these? Please don't tell me!

Last edited:
It looks like they rifled some bad tubing. But for poops and grins, I'm gonna give it a go and just see how bad this is. The fissure aside, the rifling looks like it had potential. It's a shame. I was hoping that Crosman was making decent barrels, but it seems there has been something wrong with every single one I get.
What a bummer. I had been reading others saying the Crosman barrels were good enough there was no reason getting a LW for them. I was hoping...

Thanks for the update!

To be fair, the other barrels I got for my Marauder were purchased several years ago. I massaged one to acceptable, but I've pretty much given up on them now. Here is a pic of the 1377 barrel I just got. Difficult to get a good picture, but I think you can see the line crossing the rifling in this one. That runs from breach to muzzle. It appears to be a seam perhaps.
IMG_9171.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: whatsapcp