• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Question about 13xx build

Zamak or pot metal seems to reject ordinary paint but will accept powdercoat par excellence.

They're not cheap here in the US though, and I paid a bit over a hundred for 2 grips and 2 plates about 2 years ago, wow :rolleyes:

The biggest industrial powdercoating company in my city in Asia would probably charge me $10 today---- paid $3 for 2 grips and 2 barrel bands back in 2012 or 2013 with fabulous results.

Zamak or pot metal seems to reject ordinary paint but will accept powdercoat par excellence.

They're not cheap here in the US though, and I paid a bit over a hundred for 2 grips and 2 plates about 2 years ago, wow :rolleyes:

The biggest industrial powdercoating company in my city in Asia would probably charge me $10 today---- paid $3 for 2 grips and 2 barrel bands back in 2012 or 2013 with fabulous results.
have you tried adhesion promoter then primer, this is what I learn in custom build fishing rod that you want have colored other than bare graphite.

have you tried adhesion promoter then primer, this is what I learn in custom build fishing rod that you want have colored other than bare graphite.
No, I have not.

I'd rather let someone do it, lol!

Here is a photo of a Black Satin powdercoated Crosman grip:

powdercoat 4 (2).png

For now, I think it'll be a pumper to go with my Benjamin 397 rifle, though I reserve the right to change my mind. I'm rediscovering my youthful addiction to Crosman pistols with adult consequences. But it's okay... I got another kidney.
Saaaaame here!🤣🤙
So...you gunna keep it stock....or mod it?🥴🤪🤙

• Haha
Reactions: rcarlisle
Ironic that the parts sometimes cost more than the gun, ain't it? 😁
Not even a joke. Just adding a steel breech kit will cost you 2/3 of the guns price. A flat top piston kit will set you back an easy 100 now, depending on the manufacturer.
Dunno if Charlie Mellon is still in business, but he was one of the cheaper options out there. He was pretty backed up last time I ordered from him a couple years ago and it took 2 months to get my bolt probe from him.

Reactions: dv8eod