• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Quest of the .177 Caliber Benchrest PCP Rifle

FWIW, I know a guy who is trained to build and tune the Thomas guns. The supply chain is getting shorter and I will be making more Thomas rifles at an ever increasing rate as time goes by.

There has been a slight price increase due to raw material costs, but we will cross that bridge when we get there.

I am looking for feedback about what the current demand is for, benchrest or FT? I am building the Thomas guns in advance of posting them for sale. If you can tell me what you want, there is a better chance for your Thomas to get built on a short time scale.

Note: You can have any color of black that you want.
So I own a really awesome Thomas "benchrest" model BUT shooting lil holes in paper isn't as fun to me as Field Target - Who can get me a Field Target Stock for my Thomas? I really don't want to wait 8 months. Excuse the long moderator on the barrel end - gotta maintain my stealthy ways.

IMG_5206.JPG

Last edited:
I have a new gun on the bench. Built and nearly tuned. Almost ready to hit the Classified section.

The attachment points have been upgraded since the time I got my bench rest gun, so new stocks won't fit old chassis.
Well double damn.... guess i'll have to get my dentist to use his fancy tooth measuring tool to give me a printable spec / schematic.

Is that screw supposed to be backed out :oops:
Yes, this is a common misunderstanding of the design.

There are 5 machine screws in a line along the barrel.

The odd numbers 1,3,5 are for increasing closing the clam shell, i.e. increasing pressure of the clam shell around the barrel. The even numbered machine screws holes are not threaded under the clam shell split. Those two even number machine screws are for opening the clam shell to make barrel removal and insertion easier (once #1,#3 and #5 are removed or loosened)

1686918897547455231508150106267.jpg