• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Query...

DVS1

Jun 8, 2015
Hi lads

I'm reading various writings on the Bobcat Mk2 and the new Wildcat and have got the impression they are 'generally' a very similar rifle once a regulator and extended air tube is added to the Bobcat.

My question is - 

How come the Bobcat is quoted at 80-85 shots at 47ft Ibs and the Wildcat is quoted at 50'ish at 47ft Ibs???

What am I missing?

Like the idea of a reg being as standard in the Wildcat and like the 80 shots capability of the Bobcat...confused! lol

The magazines are different. 
placement of the cocking lever is also different.
From what I was gathering, they basically took a Royal (a rifle) and made a bull pup stock for it. How much of that is truth? I am not sure. 

As for the Wildcat, it is a TRUE bull pup and has some great features on it. Lighter, and still has the Smooth Twist barrel on it.

1300 for the wildcat vs 1750 for the bobcat both in the .25 versions. 

I am still sold on the bobcat as of this moment. I too am getting the .25. 

If in the very near future, the Wildcat proves to be the better rifle/ bullpup. I'll get it instead of the Bobcat. 

The other Rifle on my list for this year is the IMPACT> I want the full package. All calibers, moderator, and 2-3 magazines per caliber. If the accuracy stays true with ZERO on it, that will be the ultimate travel PCP/gun for me. 

"DVS1"Hi lads

I'm reading various writings on the Bobcat Mk2 and the new Wildcat and have got the impression they are 'generally' a very similar rifle once a regulator and extended air tube is added to the Bobcat.

My question is - 

How come the Bobcat is quoted at 80-85 shots at 47ft Ibs and the Wildcat is quoted at 50'ish at 47ft Ibs???

What am I missing?

Like the idea of a reg being as standard in the Wildcat and like the 80 shots capability of the Bobcat...confused! lol
the bobcat mk2 in .25 cal has a 470cc air reservoir and the wildcat .25 is stated to have 300cc,hence the diffrence in shot count.
hope this helps(all figures from FX statements)

"Fbom8"
"DVS1"Hi lads

My question is - 

What am I missing?

the bobcat mk2 in .25 cal has a 470cc air reservoir and the wildcat .25 is stated to have 300cc,hence the diffrence in shot count.
hope this helps(all figures from FX statements)
Ahhhhhhh! Now that I didn't realise! I thought they both had the 470cc tube also!!! Totally not seeing the wood for the trees! 

That at will also answer the weight difference too! Mind you 50 shots at 47ft Ibs from a 300cc is non too shabby!!

i have a .25 rapid and love the calibre, hits hard
and takes few prisoners, then I saw the .30 accuracy capability...hmmmmmm lol

cheers lads