N/A Quality trouble free PCP

What's your idea of a quality trouble free PCP that will reward with GREAT 50yd accuracy. I already own a BSA R10 (Huma-Air regulated) and an AA510 non regulated. Both are capable of 1/2in with no wind and its favorite pellet (FX 16gr) at 50yd. Not wanting to push past 50, just want best options available. I realize that RAW or FX would be more accurate, but at what cost. I just want to shoot, not work on the things. Oh and it has to be magazine fed. No single shots. Too much time.
Have worked/tuned on so many FX airguns, have you looked at the FX Royale series action to me they are the most reliable FX airgun.

Ernest

Reactions: gendoc and Jay308
American Air Arms, the best materials, the fewest parts, the least o-rings, (along with Edguns) arguably the toughest. Quality and trouble free costs money, and might not be the most accurate, the slickest or the prettiest. You already own awesome airguns with the BSA R10 and the AAS510. You are going to have to spend big money to do better, if that's even possible, for the distance you are shooting at.

In my personal opinion the more reliable and trouble free pcp that money can buy, is the Kalibrgun cricket II tactical in any cal hands down.

IMG_6682.jpeg

Reactions: orangeokie
Is the Daystate more "consistently" accurate than the BSA or AA?
I can shoot either Daystate, with the electronic trigger, consistently more accurate . . . but you are talking about the difference of one smooth hole with jagged one holes! ha ha They are all extremely accurate if I do my part. All a pleasure to shoot. I think everyone should have at least one electronic Daystate. It's just that the older Air Wolf and Mk4 will not cost you an arm and a leg, but will still be accurate and trouble-free.

Ok, all major brands have been listed... :)
It looks like that there is not such thing as a trouble free PCP.

Out to only 50 yards like OP asked about? Original Taipan Veteran, as long as nobody has molested it. Leave it alone and it's as troublefree as a PCP can be.

The other one would be an unregulated USFT. Mine was bought in 2018 and has not needed even a single oring.

One of the biggest issues PCPs face is an owner that can't resist fiddling with it.

FX Crown MKII .22, 380mm barrel with factory supplied superior liner, stacked moderator &
synthetic stock.
i put the 300cc bottle on for stalk hunting with jsb 18.13gr pellets or hybrid slugs.
POI changes are within 1/2-moa between the 2 projectiles @ 30yrds.
basically, its the most lightest, reliable, accurate shooter i have of about 10 others.
and i have culled many ! :sneaky:

I have owned a few rifles over the years and there is one undeniable truth….If you want reliably gun, choose a gun with the fewest parts, the fewest o rings, no reg, the simplest magazine, the most secure barrel fixings ,the least batteries and the easiest to maintain should an o ring inevitable fail.

sadly you can no longer get them new but my mk1 rapid .20 have never failed me in over 30years and will hit 40mm spinners at 100yards with boring consistency.

Bb

Want better more consistent groups @ 50 yd. Hmmm best i can offer is single shot loading .
single shot loading eliminates loading errors that are inherent using mags , If the pellet does not align exactly with the barrel ,damage
occurs to the pellet then all hope is lost on that shot . single shot loading gives you time to think about what you just did and what your going to correct on the next shot .

A very nice rifle but - imho - the shot count is crap.

As will any PCP when the power is cranked up.

Tuned correctly, the Veteran is as conservative in air usage as any other tubed gun.

Current "tune" for my Vet Long is 48 shots above the reg pressure of 110bar. This is a .22 using the 25.4gr Monster RDs @ 910 for just shy of 47fpe.

48 x 47fpe = 2,256fpe per fill. 250-110bar. The Long tube is only 292ccs.

Even a 19fpe Veteran Short will get 120+ shots in .22 or .20. Short little tube on those gun, 173ccs.

Finally, a Vet Standard in .177 will get 160 x 19fpe shots above the reg pressure of 105bar. 239cc tube on the Standard version.

Last edited: