Quality Scope with PARALAX of LESS THAN 10 YARDS?

In anticipation of getting my first pcp, i ordered an Arken EPL-4 6-24x50. All the reviews I have read rate it a great value. They also have a EPL-4 4-16x44. Right now they are 25% off so they can be had for $337 - $367. According to the specs it has parallax down to 10 yards.
i think you will find it's 10 meters or 11 yards...

if you are pesting at ultra close range then I would fit a low power laser as close to the barrel as possible. I have used this setup in the past to deadly effect, just point and shoot, almost impossible to miss.

Bb

I wonder what the OP went with?

Man I just looked up dope for 3Y for my FT gun and it'd be a 64 moa holdover!

Laser = That'd be fun to try! I think you have the superior solution.

Or a separate RD sighted in close but a laser mounted on the barrel as Bb suggested would help negate the dope difference of target being super close.

Reactions: bucketboy

Or a separate RD sighted in close but a laser mounted on the barrel as Bb suggested would help negate the dope difference of target being super close.
Years ago before cheap and accurate range finders were readily available having a laser mounted below the barrel could be used to guesstimate range.
If both scope are zeroed at say 30yards, if the dot appears below the cross hair, it’s closer, above and it’s further away, it’s easy then to judge the hold over/ under.

Bb

Years ago before cheap and accurate range finders were readily available having a laser mounted below the barrel could be used to guesstimate range.
If both scope are zeroed at say 30yards, if the dot appears below the cross hair, it’s closer, above and it’s further away, it’s easy then to judge the hold over/ under.

Bb

I hadn't thought about the laser dot above or below at different ranges. Great idea!

IMG_4701.JPG

Its not ideal. I still struggle with very close targets.