• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Quality Scope for Bull Pup

I have a WC .25 Compact with a MTC Cobra 4-16 x 50 FFP and IL reticle. I like the scope and the glass is very clear. I also like the IL reticle as I often hunt at night; and, It certainly helps to acquire the target. On the other hand, the scope weighs 25.2 oz and is 13.1 " long. The length is half the size of the rifle without the moderator. The bull pup, in my opinion, is basically a hunting platform designed for maneuverability and rapid target acquisition. It seems to me that huge scopes on bull pus are counter intuitive to the design. I would really like to find a Quality scope that is designed for a bull pup. Mostly forested area where I hunt so 10-50 yd would work. Maybe out to 100 yd but that would be infrequent with a PCP. I'm not after starlings and such. Tx in advance for any input.

I like the EDgun/Dedal Stalker. This is the fixed 6X mentioned above. The single drawback on this scope is that the turrets are tiny and not meant for dialing. It is Mil/Mil and the reticle is pure awesome. The larger knob on top is parallax adjust. The IR is very crisp, red and has 6 or 7 brightness levels. FOV is nice. Eye relief is long if you want to add a camera. Light gathering is pretty awesome and the glass is very clear. I think it is a near perfect bullpup optic. Worth looking at for sure. Some will say 6X is not enough. I feel 6X is perfect for a hunting air rifle.

1554382736_8762209305ca5ff90903d36.67136475_82323272-53E1-4A1A-86F9-036D693A72BB.jpeg

This one is compact and was recommended by a number of members here. I just put one on my Veteran shorty and I really like the combo. 

https://airgunopticsplus.com/collections/scopes/products/discovery-vt-3-3-12x44-sf-compact-first-focal-plane-airgun-hunting-rifle-scope-optic-shooting-riflescope-with-free-scope-mount

That's exactly the one I was going to suggest. 10" long and just over 18 oz, although it lacks illumination.

Or, you could consider the Discovery VT-1 4x32mm AOE. It is fixed-power with a smaller objective, but it has illumination, and comes in just over 15 oz, and just under 9.5" OAL.