Q&A with the Air Venturi Avenger Product Manager, Tyler Patner

Airgun Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 24, 2020
Colorado, United States
To get all your questions answered on the Air Venturi Avenger, Steve of YouTube's AEAC wants to make a video with Pyramyd Air's Tyler Patner.

For those of you that don't know, Tyler is the Air Venturi Product Manager and had a lot to do with the creation of the original Avenger rifle and the new Avenger bullpup.

Please list your questions below for Tyler and Steve, so they can get them answered in the video!

Scope centering has been a topic of discussion in the past and I had a similar problem. After replacing the scope rail with an aftermarket aluminum piccatiny rail and shimming the scope rings it now works, but still I have lost much of my scopes moa adjustment on the right side and for elevation, just where I need it most. Maybe you can address this.

I love my 25cal and wouldn’t part with it.

Hi, I've had an Air Venturi Avenger .22 for over a year now. It's a super rifle and with the right pellets it shoots easily 1 inch groups at 50 yards.

Now I want to chase the 100 yards with the same result. Therefore I would like to increase the plenum volume. For this I would like to know the thread type and size of the current plenum.

I would also like to replace the two pressure tubes for a larger tank. Do you also have the screw thread type and size of that?

I can have the parts CNC made locally.

Thanks in advange

Tyler - Is the Avenger bullpup left-hand friendly? Looks like the cocking lever placement would be a problem for southpaws.

Steve - can you talk about a gun’s ability to be shot left-handed in your review videos? It is an important topic for 15-20% of the shooters out there and is something that few gun makers want to discuss or address especially with bullpup designs.

I have a .22 Avenger and am ready to start testing slugs. I have amassed a pretty good inventory of various weights, diameters, and brands.

What would be a good velocity to start testing with?

Also, when you do your 5 shots @ 25 yards projectile cull, do you just shoot them all with the same tune, or do you start with lighter projectiles and "tune up" the gun as you go, to try to keep pellets and slugs in an optimal velocity range?

My current setup is very close to your "Pro Tune" 1700 psi regulator pressure and 2 turns in on the hammer spring. 18.13's are leaving right around 885fps, which I know is a little "hot" but they do group well @ 50 yards.

Tyler, how about giving Steve a .177 wood stock Avenger to review???

Let's get some .177 love going on here!!

Great channels Steve your reviews and tuning guides are awesome!!!

Thanks to both of you do for all you do for this awesome sport!!

Keep it up!

Andrew S.

Hi, I have the Avenger long rifle .22 for over 8 months and love the accuracy and consistency. A two inch round target at 70 yard is not an issue. 

Recently purchased the Bullpup version in .22 and it is all over the place. I'm talking about inconsistently hit an 8 inch rectangular metal plate at 25 Yard. It get so bad that i don't even know where the pellets go. one thing i noticed that the regulator would go beyond set point by a couple hundred PSI if I sit it down for about 10 minutes. I like to set my regulator around 1800 psi and i would see the pressure rise to 2,900 to 3,000 PSI the next day. Two or three shot will get it down to set pressure.

Does anyone experience this issue with the bullpup or have any recommendation?

If you search on it, you will find regulator creep is a pervasive Avenger issue and one that I've asked Tyler and Steve to specifically address.

However, an accuracy issue as extreme as what you are describing will not res\ult from reg creep. You have a flawed barrel, or your pellets are clipping the baffle system, or you are using horrible pellets -- or something along those lines.

Thanks Steve, I've checked the baffle and have no evident of clipping. I've also tried different pressure as well and shot to shot consistency is still all over. 

As far as pellets. I am using Crossman hollow point. i know that they are low quality but the regular Avenger and Umarex Gauntlet have no problem with it. I also tried 30 rounds of Air Arms Diablos Field and it did not show any improvement. 

I'll send it in to see what mfg. think.