Air Arms Pyramyd's TX200 Rebuild Kit?

I would just order a Vortek or ARH kit, have the full power vortek kit in mine(.22), just a quick thud. I also had the 12ftlb kit in it but prefer full power for hunting. The 12ftlb kit was very docile gun barely moved at the shot and very easy to shoot, full power is also easy to be accurate with just a bit more recoil. My TX will shoot under a dime at 32 yds with no warm up with H/N 14.66 gr pellets.
At one time the Pyramyd kit was a Vortek kit I believe.

Reactions: maxtrouble

Any reason not to get this kit?
If you are just looking to maintain and not to tune you gun, these OEM parts are ok.

However, if you are looking for less recoil and an easier gun to control, these OEM spring guide and top hat are going to be loose inside the spring. Loose OEM spring guides and top hats are one of the reasons why I choose other tune kits

If you are just looking to maintain and not to tune you gun, these OEM parts are ok.

However, if you are looking for less recoil and an easier gun to control, these OEM spring guide and top hat are going to be loose inside the spring. Loose OEM spring guides and top hats are one of the reasons why I choose other tune kits
Seems air guns dont like loose.. 🤔

I been told a spring guide should be " nail tight". On a un compressed spring ..

I used the AA kit from PA because I wanted to rebuild the TX and didn’t want to bother Scott (Motörhead).
I think AA should have tossed in a spare cocking shoe.
Yes, there are parts you probably don’t need:
1. spring guide
2. top hat
AA should keep those and toss in a cocking shoe.
IMHO
((However, I will have Scott turn a DELRIN spring follower for me when he is caught up with his current projects.))

Last edited:
I have only factory parts in my TX200, tuned by me and shimmed and weighted to get a really smooth shot cycle. Never had sucess with a tight guide and my gun will shoot 1/2" groups at 50 on a calm day at 910 fps. To each his own, but shot cycle will do far more for accuracy than any spring, seal or guide. They all need to work in unison !!
Would you give me/us instructions on doing the same to my/our TX200s? Do you have a shop?
Thanks
Norris

Would you give me/us instructions on doing the same to my/our TX200s? Do you have a shop?
Thanks
Norris
Used to have a shop, retired about ten years back. Timing the shot cycle is trial and error, each rifle is different, no set program. There were times I spent hours trying different shims and weights to get it right. However...once that shot cycle is on the money...whether your shooting 12 ft lb or 16 ft lb won't make much difference.

Used to have a shop, retired about ten years back. Timing the shot cycle is trial and error, each rifle is different, no set program. There were times I spent hours trying different shims and weights to get it right. However...once that shot cycle is on the money...whether your shooting 12 ft lb or 16 ft lb won't make much difference.
Thanks you sir.
I’ll begin with some shims….upper and lower. Then add a bit of weigh to the piston(don’t really know how to begin with removing weight from the piston)
I currently have a Vortek full power spring assy in my 22cal TX200.
I have a Tinbum short stroke that I may throw in the mix at some point.
I’m trying to get the smoothest, most accurate shooting TX200 that is possible.
I’ve tried contacting Tony Leach about his 22mm setup but he must be unavailable as I’ve had no reply.
Thanks again.
Edit:
I’m currently shooting 11.75gr GTOs with great success. Easy dime size groups at 35yds at 16.2fpe. 6es velocity variation.
The problem is that they are too expensive to shoot as much as I do!

Last edited:
TbT's kit smoothed out the cocking and shooting cycle on my Pro Sport. Very manageable 11 fpe. Highly recommended.
I had the TBT kit in mine for a while, but didn't really care for the lower velocity with the 15.9 JSBs. Tried the 14.3 CPHPs but too many fliers. Same with the H&N 14.4s
I may try the TbT short stroke extension again using the 11.75GTOs and my current Vortek spring assy. lubed with Krytox.
As you can see, I'm really enjoying "playing" with this gun. It's soooo much easier to work on and change various components than are my Beemans.
These GTOs are fabulous.....just too damn expensive! I've shot two and a half tins(500 pellets) and haven't had a single flier!
My goal is to get the JSBs to shoot as well as the GTOs. Probably ain't happening, but it's fun trying.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hateful McNasty