• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Pyramydair catalog #20

What do you think of the new Pyramydair catalog #20? I hated it when they changed several catalogs ago and quit listing the pellets in the rear of the catalog but that was taken care of with their folding pellet flyer.

Now in #20 there are no specifications shown on the listing of the guns. Basically just price and caliper. No way to try and compare velocity, etc., without going to Pyramydair web site. 

On page five, the TX200HC is listed at $120 more than the TX200 MKIII. What? Had to go to PA site and look p price of the HC. It is the same price as the MKIII on the web site.

Maybe I'm just too old to accept change.

“Maybe I'm just too old to accept change.”

So am I, but most everyone is moving away from paper and going online I’m surprised any prices were listed with inflation the way it is All businesses are looking to cut cost The more you put in a catalog, the more the cost to print and mail Remember, it’s all about the money If they quit printing a catalog and that savings allowed pellet prices to remain low, that is fine by me

What do you think of the new Pyramydair catalog #20? I hated it when they changed several catalogs ago and quit listing the pellets in the rear of the catalog but that was taken care of with their folding pellet flyer.

Now in #20 there are no specifications shown on the listing of the guns. Basically just price and caliper. No way to try and compare velocity, etc., without going to Pyramydair web site. 

On page five, the TX200HC is listed at $120 more than the TX200 MKIII. What? Had to go to PA site and look p price of the HC. It is the same price as the MKIII on the web site.

Maybe I'm just too old to accept change.

I just go to the site. They even changed the site this year. It didn’t take long for me to get used to. I don’t really buy guns from them, so their catalogues generally get shot up at my house. By that I mean the older they get they tend to get used for backing on pellet traps. The pellet almanac is great, I’m saving that one. The best part of their catalog to me are the Tom Gaylord articles and I can read those on the PA site. Change takes getting used to and the older we get it seems many of us become more resistant to it. I think most of us are that way about different things. 

I agree the catalog is unnecessary plus there's no add to cart button anywhere inside!

Screenshot 2021-11-16 at 07-16-12 Umarex Glock 17 Gen3 CO2 Blowback 177 BB Gun Pyramyd Air.163...png

The Sears Christmas Wish Book it ain't. It's got some pretty color pictures in it, but the whole thing is lacking. I know those things aren't cheap to put together either, but there's nothing in there that makes me want to stuff it under my mattress to save for later. It's literally a throw away price list. It's not even bathroom worthy for those times you forget your phone. Put some tables and charts in there, maybe even a listing of guns that aren't pictured, just with pricing and options. It's too expensive of a mail out not to have more in it. More articles, iguana hunting, field target rules, getting into competitions, listings of recognized clubs, Russian mail order brides looking rich American men with air gun hobbies, etc. I dunno, anything to make it more interesting.