• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Pyramyd Air vs AOA vs Krale The GOOD & BAD!

Airguns or Arizona has been nothing but great for me. I've purchased way to many guns from them. Any issue with the guns were fixed and corrected. Their customer service is second to none. Their prices are fair. As far as state side purchases aoa is my go to place. Krale is excellent also. How they manage to get packages to the United States so quickly is just pure magic. It's hard to get things from one state over in the time they ship across the wold.

Reactions: douger
I'm not normally one to get on the internet and B, P, & M about a company but in this case I'm going to make an exception. Was very excited to get my "new" Air Venturi Rail Lock spring compressor from Pyramyd Air today. Getting quite a bit of rain here so can't do much outside, figured it would be a perfect time to take apart the Winchester 600 my youngest daughter learned to shoot with and replace seals and maybe spring so my granddaughter can learn on her mom's old gun when she's a little older. Great rainy weekend plan. Thought the tape on the box looked a little funny. Below is what I received. Is there ANYONE besides the "customer service" person I talked to on the phone that thinks that's new? Offered to send him pictures. He insisted that if they listed something as new, then it was indeed new, and the rust just must have been from storage. Didn't really have an explanation for the dried grease everywhere, including on the instruction manual. As Exhibit C, the Allen wrench they set for the rotational set screw is 7/32". Which would be great except the set screw takes a 3/32" Allen wrench. Y'all still buying the "new" story? Deceptive Trade Practices Act anyone? Tempted. Their solution of course is to issue an RMA (which I've not yet seen), have me return it, then send me another one. Or, I could just buy another one, wait for it to get here and see if it's actually unused, send this one back, and then hope their billing department has more snap than their inventory and customer service folks. None of that allows me to do what I planned to do this weekend. What really chaps my butt is that they think I (or dang near anyone else with one or more functioning brain cells) would believe this is a new, unused product. Maybe I come as a complete idiot and just don't know it. I don't have much faith that the next one would be in any better shape, and from what I've heard probably shouldn't put much faith in their billing department issuing a timely credit. Going to test this one out and if it's functioning correctly probably just clean it up and keep it. Which is, of course, what they want because they've gotten full price for an obviously used product. On which they probably recouped 20% from some poor person for a re-stocking fee when they took it back, repackaged, and re-sold. Might ask for that discount. Hmm. What companies that conduct business in this manner fail to realize are the long-term repercussions. In the last 7 or 8 weeks I've spent close to $5K on air rifles, pellets, and accessories. Guess who just hit the Vendor of Last Resort portion of my list? I've had one problem with AoA. They sent me the correct item immediately with a return shipping label for the other product inside. No waiting until I shipped the other item back. No me buying a new one and them crediting me when the other one got back to them. Simply, "Our mistake, sorry, the right stuff is shipping to you today, send the other back when it gets there". Don't know about anyone else, but that's how companies retain my business.

Rail_Lock_1_Sized.jpg

rail_Lock_2_Sized.jpg

Rail_Lock_3_Sized.jpg

Reactions: ThomasT
I'm not normally one to get on the internet and B, P, & M about a company but in this case I'm going to make an exception. Was very excited to get my "new" Air Venturi Rail Lock spring compressor from Pyramyd Air today. Getting quite a bit of rain here so can't do much outside, figured it would be a perfect time to take apart the Winchester 600 my youngest daughter learned to shoot with and replace seals and maybe spring so my granddaughter can learn on her mom's old gun when she's a little older. Great rainy weekend plan. Thought the tape on the box looked a little funny. Below is what I received. Is there ANYONE besides the "customer service" person I talked to on the phone that thinks that's new? Offered to send him pictures. He insisted that if they listed something as new, then it was indeed new, and the rust just must have been from storage. Didn't really have an explanation for the dried grease everywhere, including on the instruction manual. As Exhibit C, the Allen wrench they set for the rotational set screw is 7/32". Which would be great except the set screw takes a 3/32" Allen wrench. Y'all still buying the "new" story? Deceptive Trade Practices Act anyone? Tempted. Their solution of course is to issue an RMA (which I've not yet seen), have me return it, then send me another one. Or, I could just buy another one, wait for it to get here and see if it's actually unused, send this one back, and then hope their billing department has more snap than their inventory and customer service folks. None of that allows me to do what I planned to do this weekend. What really chaps my butt is that they think I (or dang near anyone else with one or more functioning brain cells) would believe this is a new, unused product. Maybe I come as a complete idiot and just don't know it. I don't have much faith that the next one would be in any better shape, and from what I've heard probably shouldn't put much faith in their billing department issuing a timely credit. Going to test this one out and if it's functioning correctly probably just clean it up and keep it. Which is, of course, what they want because they've gotten full price for an obviously used product. On which they probably recouped 20% from some poor person for a re-stocking fee when they took it back, repackaged, and re-sold. Might ask for that discount. Hmm. What companies that conduct business in this manner fail to realize are the long-term repercussions. In the last 7 or 8 weeks I've spent close to $5K on air rifles, pellets, and accessories. Guess who just hit the Vendor of Last Resort portion of my list? I've had one problem with AoA. They sent me the correct item immediately with a return shipping label for the other product inside. No waiting until I shipped the other item back. No me buying a new one and them crediting me when the other one got back to them. Simply, "Our mistake, sorry, the right stuff is shipping to you today, send the other back when it gets there". Don't know about anyone else, but that's how companies retain my business.

View attachment 285587

View attachment 285588

View attachment 285589
Hello cjtamu,

Sorry to hear about your dealings with Pyramyd Air. I stopped doing business with them completely.

ThomasT

My orders from PA have been very slow to process and ship lately. No real issues with items when they arrived. The problem for me is PA just doesn't seem like a friendly helpful store like they used to. Maybe just my perception but I tend to look elsewhere these days.

I had a great experience buying a Crosman pistol from AoA so I called in an order for a Daystate Huntsman Revere yesterday. They were super helpful on the phone. I told them I want a figured stock and not some plain jane wood. They said they will pick the best they have. They also stated they test fire every gun before it leaves the store and my rife won't ship until Monday. Very upfront about the whole process and very friendly. We'll see if I get what I asked for next week.

I've only purchased parts from Krale but the fast order processing and shipping was amazing!

Haven't done much dealing with Pyramyd except for a pellet purchase some years ago. Pellets were packaged neatly without the slightest damage. My dealing with AOA was for a HW95 years back that they had on sale, price was competitive with Krale so grabbed one. Vowed not to have any dealings with AOA after the whole crying to HW about people buying them from Canada as they were the US dealer with a premium markup. I still do business with Krale and is my primary source for anything Airgun related.

Correction/addendum to my previous post. The small Allen wrench that came with my Rail Lock is actually a 2.5 mm which is what the manual calls for on the rotational set screw. However, that set screw in mine still takes a 3/32” Allen wrench and not a 2.5 mm ;). Cleaned up well enough I’m keeping it, not worth the hassle. So PA sold it to someone who used, it, returned it and I assume was charged the 20% fee since it was obviously not in “like new” sellable condition. Then they sold it to me as a new item, so they pocketed the profits from me as well as the 20% they kept from the original buyer. Heckuva way to pay off your new debt in a hurry. Wonder if their new equity partners read AGN? Who knows, maybe this is their new business model? :D

• Love
Having dealt with multiple dealers, including Pyramid, AoA, EGW, TopGun, BinTac, all have been good, certainly not perfect. No one is perfect. When things have been wrong, all of them have made good, in my case. I’m surprised to hear Pyramid going downhill. They seemed to be really good on the sales side, a little squirrelly on the tech/service side. AoA has been awesome with respect to customer service. From the top down, they run things right-They spend time with you when needed and are just true professionals. From the Owner on down the line, they are just some of the nicest, most helpful people I’ve dealt with and I don’t mind if I spend a few bucks more buying from them because they provide a higher level of customer service. Edgun West, similarly, while not as large, provides that extra level of service. For being fairly new to the pellet party, these dealers do a great job.

I've recently have gotten back into airguns. My first purchase from AoA back in 2005 (Beeman P-3) went well from what I recall :unsure:. I just recently ordered some pellet from AGD and the process went fine, packaging was very good. I'm in the market for a new air gun/rifle?? Its probably not a good time to buy now since there is a lot of "out of stock" out there. I do appreciate everyone sharing their experiences its good information to have. Ive never heard of Krale before I joined this forum. I would never think about ordering an air gun from them but after hearing all the good experiences I would considered them(y).