• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Pyramyd Air vs AOA vs Krale The GOOD & BAD!

Pyramyd Air has flat gone to the dogs. Been buying from them since they started. Countless list of guns for a couple decades. The new owner/management treats a customer like they are out to get them. They do not honor their own commitments. The lady I talked to was the most unruly person I’ve ever dealt with. All over a $10 part that was back ordered (they wanted to ship the gun alone) and invoiced the part for free shipping when back in stock. When I received the part they charged me more for shipping than the part. I had this lady pull my order and she saw the free shipping note. She said so what! She put me on hold for over 20 minutes. She wanted me to just hang up. After a long discussion she said she would credit the shipping. I knew she was not going to do it. Never did. PA treated a good friend of mine and his son horribly also. Never again PA!!!!!!!! By the way, Airgun Depot is Pyramyd Air.

The last two Weihrauch’s I received from AOA were both inferior in different ways. One had shop wear from being in and out of a gun rack. Damage on the barrel to white metal. The next had a poorly made stock, (not AOA’s fault but should have been sold a a “second “). Both took longer to ship than Krale.

Krale has been awesome. They respond right back. The guns I’ve received has been the best I’ve ever gotten. 3 days shipping from the Netherlands. And their prices are less! Take notes AOA and PA!

Mod edit: moved to Dealer Feedback section.

I had good luck with Krale for several guns, but the last one I ordered, an HW50 was used, probably a returned gun.

The cocking arm started rubbing the bottom of the air chamber, when the gun was disassembled, I found the cocking arm had been ground down (just not enough)

No doubt this was a returned gun and someone attempted to fix it.

I fixed the gun myself, too much of a hassle to try to return to the Netherlands.

Every dealer can have a problem from time to time.

The last order from Pyramid was a catastrophe. Took me four or five phone calls to resolve. Never reimbursed for shipping the wrong items back to Pyramid. Several more phone calls to get credits for the items returned. Very rude customer service. I closed my account and will never purchase from them again, too many other vendors with much better service. Should have ordered the parts from Chambers in the first place.

Reactions: bf1956
PA has been on a long, slow slide downhill since Josh decided to retire back in something like 2015-2016 and sold the company to Air Venturi, who also happens to own AGD. Not a clue what practices/policies they have in place compared to how Josh ran his company and what shooters loved, but I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of Josh's long time employees got fed up and moved on, which leaves a bunch of new people with half or no clue.

AoA I've only gotten 3 guns from, one of those my HW95 way back when they were selling the standard versions for $299.99 and pellets. For the little I have gotten, yep shipping tends to be crazy slow although my last batch of pellets got from Arizona to NY in 4 days. My only minor complaint to date was having them mount a scope and I say minor because I'm the dummy that, while I checked stock screws, I never thought to check scope mount screws or better yet just take the scope off until I got the rifle broken in and had a scope come off in my face 20 shots or so into owning/shooting my new rifle.

Krale I've never bought from but everyone who has, has been shocked at their crazy fast shipping. Halfway around the world in 3-4 days compared to US companies that take a week or 2 to ship things. Just a random lame guess but their products probably all get shipped by truck vs a cargo container on a ship to even get to the US, then all the hassles it takes to get those containers or contents to final destinations, which we all get to help pay for with the higher prices they charge and whatever their markups are so they can make a profit.

Oh, good, I can bust my cherry with some first hand experience. Pre Christmas 2020 I put in an internet order to PA and it never got delivered. It was shipped and the carrier claimed porch pirates even though I was home at the time. I called PA and asked what my options were and PA said they would file the claim and did I want a refund. I told them no just send me a duplicate order which they did and never double billed me the two hundred dollars for it even though it wasn't their fault. Just one guys experience on his way to five posts so I can PM the classifieds

- I've never had a bad experience from PA, but haven't purchased anything other than pellets and scope rings for past 5 years.

- My only experience from AOA was not great, overcharged $100 for HW35E on sale while visiting their store in Gilbert - circa 2016. They later refunded the $$$.

- Purchased at least 15 Weihrauch Springers from Krale - IMO - Best vendor in the World for Weihrauch Springers.

I have shopped the big and little airgun stores for decades now. Pretty much all of them have had problems here or there. All were fixed to, or near to, my expectations and in line with the company's policies. A couple were not perfect but I did not loose too much sleep over them. 

A few dollars here or there means little if you usually have excellent service from a company. Cuz you probly saved way more than that dealing with them in the first place. So, I forgive, the guilty in my eyes, and forget the trespass, they have committed, and carry on with the addiction the best I can. ;^)

I know some of these first world problems can seem like huge things, darkening the skies and looming over us like an evil curse, but remember them what they really are.

First World Problems FWP

Here’s my take on this. No company is perfect and I believe that all try to do what is right. The people that sell us air guns are air gunners so at least give them all the opportunity to make things right. I see many complaints about companies policies and lack of customer service but many people with complaints will do so in a forum like this instead of directly with the company. If you truly want your issues resolved then file a formal complaint with the company. If you don’t do that but instead go to forums with your complaints…that’s bashing. We join these forums for useful information about this lifestyle that we enjoy so much. If you have an issue with a company you should provide details about the issue and what steps you took to resolve it. Also, tell us who you talked to in trying to get it resolved. That way we can all participate in righting a wrong if necessary. I highly doubt that PA or AOA, or any other company would refuse to correct a mistake or take care of their customers. If you have a bad experience with an employee then let the company know so they can fix it. If you have a bad experience with the product then let the manufacturer know. Place the responsibility where it truly belongs. Lastly, we get way too much misinformation from mass media nowadays so if you post something here make sure it’s correct. I’ve seen a lot of bad info in this forum about AOA, UAG, PA, FX, AGD and so on. If you want to know something about any of them just ask them and they will tell you. We all shoot together at competitions and talk at trade shows and other events. Let’s keep the facts flowing in this forum and leave the gossip to those social media outlets that people love so much. This is a proud community of shooters…let’s keep that way!

Pyramid Air has really gone down hill fast. I only order pellets from them now. AoA has slowly gotten better, their customer service is good. Not too many vendors selling left handed air rifles, thank goodness AoA carries Daystate. Krale shipping has always been very fast. Krale customer service seems good, only had to contact them once.

My first order was shipped by someone who had never shipped a rifle before. No packaging inside the outer box, rifle bounced round so much the rifle punched through cardboard. Krale sent me a replacement Weihrauch rear sight because the original got bent in shipping. Took the rifle to the range and verified it worked correctly. The next four rifles from Krale showed up perfectly, with no damage and perfectly packaged.

MidwayUSA seems to have good prices but a horrible shipping department. My pellet order is MIA with no updates. I will never order from MidwayUSA again.

Edited for spelling. Sigh.

Last edited:
1ea AoA, 5ea Krale airgun purchases and no issues. It is nice that AoA updated its website for ordering, the old wensite was annoying. I did purchase a HW from a Canadian company when they used to ship to the US, until a US competitor whined to Weihrauch and that stopped. Purchased a few other tidbits from other companies like PA like pellets and accessories but no issues other than delayed Shipping.

The last order from Pyramid was a catastrophe. Took me four or five phone calls to resolve. Never reimbursed for shipping the wrong items back to Pyramid. Several more phone calls to get credits for the items returned. Very rude customer service. I closed my account and will never purchase from them again, too many other vendors with much better service. Should have ordered the parts from Chambers in the first place.
When returning parts you can ask the seller to email you a shipping label to print.

I have bought from all three in the last 30 days. No problems, what-so-ever.

I will say that I remember when AOA's website was barely useable, their shipping was spotty, and they were somewhat unreliable. They have come a long way.

Pyramid Air, for all their hype about being a start-up, bought out a well established, "going concern" company from Kansas, if I remember right. [[edit- Airgun Express in Montezuma, Iowa]] I have never thought Pyramid Air was half what that former company was. PA also seems to be less about customer service and all about profit, these days.

Krale is great. However, if you have a problem they are an ocean away.

Last edited:
Reactions: maxtrouble
Pyramyd has been hit and miss. Last order of pellets were packed well. One order had a wrong part, but would've cost more to return.

My experiences with AOA have been good. I purchased a used rifle from them and it was just as described. They tested it and shipped it in cut foam, double boxed.

Krale has good customer service. I've ordered two rifles from them and shipping is very quick.

Another shop I've had good results with is Mac1. I've sent parts in for repair and service with good results. A few times I've ordered pellets and the service was good.