Pyramyd air shipping

Im also a shipping manager. NEVER order 2 day sgipping on a Friday. Pick up day does not count as a shipping day. Weekends and holidays dont count (yes they will move and scan pacakges but they dont count for guarantee delivery) so Monday is condsidered day 1. It is what it is. The shipping companies are in this to make money and will gladly charge you a lot extra for Saturday delivery. We would get so many complaints and claims filed that we had to eliminate our express offerings. Unfortunatly this is something beyond PAs control. And yes it sucks that you dont get the service you paid for and perhaps PA should explain this a little better on their website, but according to UPS your package will arrive in the promised time frame.

Please explain? I've already shown my ignorance as to how shipping works.

PA advertises that orders placed before eithe 11AM or noon will ship same day, my order was placed well before that time. UPS picked the order up on the day it was placed. Throw out the weekend, that leaves my order leaving on Monday. My thinking is that it should arrive Tuesday afternoon, not Wednesday. It looks like I need to adjust my reasoning.

Thanks, Justin

It’s hard to explain but I think the easiest thing to do would be visiting UPS.com and under the shipping menu there is an option for “calculate time and cost”

You don’t care about cost but you can input the to/from zip codes and pickup day and the site will spit out the scheduled delivery date for each service level from ground to overnight. I would pick the same day of the week and see what it says.

Note: this only applies to standard UPS service, not that smartpost hybrid garbage.

Justin dont feel bad. It is set up to confuse and to cover UPS so they dont have to pay on claims. PA actually is a.bit to blame as the state that orders aced before 11 am will ship same day. This means they will pack your order and label it. UPS picks up from there probably around 3 to 4 pm sometimes on Fridays the drivers are a bit earlier). UPS counts the NEXT business day as day one (in this case Monday is day one). The 2 days shipping is from the day of shipment (in this case Monday) so Tuesday is day 2 and Wednesday is day of delivery. PA should clarify on there site that 2 day shipping is NOT 2 day delivery. It is the amount of time in transit. Now depending on where you live and how far from the terminal and airport you are, you could see a 2 day shipping package in 2 days, but more than likely it will be 3 days from the time it ships (or in the case of Friday pickup 5 days). Clear as mud? Just an fyi I have been a shipping manager for 14 years now and in all that time I have only seen UPS pay out on 2 late arrival claims. One was a next day air critical package that we purchased extra insurance on and the other was a 2 day air that was shilped on a Monday and arrived on a Friday. UPS driver was taking it to the wrong house. Toom UPS 1 month to investigate and finally admit to screwing up. Then another 6 weeks for the check to come in. I guess the moral of the story is to not rely on quick shipping and be pleasently surprised if something arrives earlier than expected. 

You may want to recheck PA's policy on shipping. It now says orders placed before 12 noon EST will usually ship the NEXT day.

I placed a pellet order from them on a Sunday afternoon and upgraded to 2 day shipping to make sure they arrived before I left for a shoot on Friday. I live in the St Louis area and I used to order on Sunday and have my pellets on Wednesday using standard shipping, but wanted to make sure they arrived before I left so I ponied up the extra $$ for 2 day shipping. Well when I got my shipping notice late Monday evening it stated they would arrive on Thursday!! Now I am no genius but my math skills are not that bad! When I emailed to inquire why it was going to take 4 days from Ohio to Illinois when I paid for 2 day shipping the email response told me that since they are closed on weekends they fill all the orders that come in in the order they were received on Monday. OK fine and dandy, seems fair unless you paid for expedited shipping....which in my opinion should be filled first but then what do I know? So the order was filled and "shipped" on Monday but that day does not count, so then 2 days from the day order was filled/picked up or whatever bullpoop term they want to use would be Wednesday based on my math skills but somehow that is not how things are calculated and a Thursday delivery for 2 day shipping on an order that was placed on a Sunday evening is considered on time. Won't waste my money on expedited shipping ever again with these guys thats for sure.

Gipper

It appears that UPS could sit on the package a week then deliver it in two days and call it two day shipping, what a rip off. 

Maineic, your right about smartpost being garbage, UPS delivers to my post office in the morning and USPS delivers it the next day. It may just be a local thing but my post office will not let you come pick up your package, they have to deliver it and that takes an extra day. The first shipment that I mentioned from PA came smartpost, if I could've picked it up it would've been two days and it was ordered Friday afternoon.

Guys I apologize for the rant, it just put a burr under my saddle to pay for something and not get it. Even though in the eye of UPS I suppose I did.

Justin

We get it, that extra money was. Bet PA hates it too.

Recently paid for overnight ( cost an extra $ all right) from Oregon to WA , went to KY 1st, 6 days later my "LIVE ANIMALS" were not, and I had always used 2 day before w/out issue. And no refund.

In TN I would just order from the ( no special shipping) and get things in 2 days most times. In WA an honest 6 days +. Just order and try to forget.

John

Gosh I sure hope you guys are not under the impression that I agree with this policy. Because I dont. I have a huge issue with it. Just trying to explain the "rational" UPS uses (and no they are not alone in this ripoff). Recently ordered Royal Purple compressor oil from Amazon. Used the wifes Prime account to get the Prime Members only price and get it in 2 days. 9 days later it shows up. Amazon told me oh well we were out of stock so no recourse. Yea well Prime aint all it claims to be either. We really are at the mercy of the corporate policy.

Yeah, that's true. I usually always use standard ground shipping and get it a day or two early most times. Then I bought a couple rifles from Midway USA, who delivered my Striker 1000x a couple years ago in two days flat from MO! But the Crosman GuideHawk NP .177UM & Remington 725VTR .25cal languished at the UPS hub over in Elyria (about 2M from me!) the whole weekend that came in around 2:20AM Saturday! So they're right about shipping times/days. Sometimes the magic works...sometimes it doesn't. Which is rather odd, as I've had Fed-Ex deliver on Sunday morning!

1533218692_4881888755b630f84c8c5f8.52776839_guidehawk3.JPG

1533218736_17078348455b630fb0a70ec2.04088590_IMG_5031.JPG

Gosh I sure hope you guys are not under the impression that I agree with this policy. Because I dont. I have a huge issue with it. Just trying to explain the "rational" UPS uses (and no they are not alone in this ripoff). Recently ordered Royal Purple compressor oil from Amazon. Used the wifes Prime account to get the Prime Members only price and get it in 2 days. 9 days later it shows up. Amazon told me oh well we were out of stock so no recourse. Yea well Prime aint all it claims to be either. We really are at the mercy of the corporate policy.

You'll get no argument out of me on Prime, their 2 day shipping is hit and miss, mostly miss. I've had mixed results with Midway USA too. I guess the bottom line for the shipping is to hope for the best but expect the worst.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with the original poster on this. I made a small order for an Air Arms spring and o-ring kit on Saturday from PA and paid for rush shipping. The order has been marked "Ready for shipping" for SIX days now. It isn't the fault of the Post Office or UPS in my case because my package hasn't been delivered to them yet! I agree with the consensus here: Express shipping is a waste of money as it is likely to get slowed at some point in the shipping chain.

I'll put (another) plug in for Jeff at Trenier Outdoor. I always buy from him if I can because he ships same day and his pellets always arrive wrapped meticulously. His prices can't be beat either.