• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Pyramyd Air shipping department need to be all fired

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have already said what I think of the OP and his panties being in a wad.

This here is my opportunity to say something good and I am going to take it.

My HW110 has started shedding velocity. I called AoA and the customer rep told me he would have the tech call me the next day. Naturally that was the day before their normal monthly training, when they shut down for a day. Well being the impatient old man that I am, and having the "these young people nowadays" attitude that I do, I waited till COB the next day and nobody called me back. So I called and dumped an assinine message on the phone about how they should keep their word and how we could work this out privately or publicly and how I expected a callback when I was told I was going to get one. You know the drill, "I am the customer and you are the servant..." attitude. I regretted it as soon as I hung up. Shame on me.

Well you know, the next morning while I was still regretting it. The phone rang and guess who it was? Yep. Just as nice and friendly and helpful as he possibly could be.

It is true that you get more flies with honey, but never discount the power of making a complete ass of yourself (for good or evil).

So here is my thanks to the vendor: WELL DONE Airguns of Arizona! Your sales reps are FIRST RATE.
I also have a HW110 [love the rifle] but it seems like just a question of time before mine sheds velocity as well. So my question is
was AoA able to talk you thru the fix? and was it a easy fix? Thank you PM me if you prefer

I also have a HW110 [love the rifle] but it seems like just a question of time before mine sheds velocity as well. So my question is
was AoA able to talk you thru the fix? and was it a easy fix? Thank you PM me if you prefer
I don't know they said there were a number of causes but the most likely cause was the keeper on the hammer spring slipping. I'm not familiar with the inside of the rifle and I haven't looked at an exploded drawing. The sales rep told me that there's a lifetime warranty on them so I'm not going to crack this one open. I think the fix is probably very easy and you can probably figure it out online. I do know that a little bit more complicated to work on than some of the other rifles. He gave me an RMA so it'll go in the mail the end of this week after we've had a couple of days to figure out how today went.

Last edited:
Reactions: shausen
I have already said what I think of the OP and his panties being in a wad.

This here is my opportunity to say something good and I am going to take it.

My HW110 has started shedding velocity. I called AoA and the customer rep told me he would have the tech call me the next day. Naturally that was the day before their normal monthly training, when they shut down for a day. Well being the impatient old man that I am, and having the "these young people nowadays" attitude that I do, I waited till COB the next day and nobody called me back. So I called and dumped an assinine message on the phone about how they should keep their word and how we could work this out privately or publicly and how I expected a callback when I was told I was going to get one. You know the drill, "I am the customer and you are the servant..." attitude. I regretted it as soon as I hung up. Shame on me.

Well you know, the next morning while I was still regretting it. The phone rang and guess who it was? Yep. Just as nice and friendly and helpful as he possibly could be.

It is true that you get more flies with honey, but never discount the power of making a complete ass of yourself (for good or evil).

So here is my thanks to the vendor: WELL DONE Airguns of Arizona! Your sales reps are FIRST RATE.
Well said!! (y) I agree with you %100 and I'm usually a very patient person but as I've gotten older I'm understanding "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" but sometimes I'm wondering what the grease is??😲

• Haha
Reactions: OldSpook
I didn't read all the replies but only the OP and a couple others....but my initial reply would be to say that likely the compressor was packaged like that from the company. Mistakes happen and a little grace for PA wouldn't hurt, especially since if you would like some replacement bottles I am sure they would oblige. Was the compressor damaged at all? I see that the manufacturer's cardboard box was soaked, but I am assuming other than the ruined bottles and the cardboard everything else is fine? I am sure they would replace the whole package as well, though likely a bit overkill with it just being cardboard that would be thrown away anyway? If you are going to save the original packaging in case of return I don't think the oil soaking would matter either.

I have ordered a couple times from PA. I usually buy from another distributor but I have had good packing from them usually. Being the biggest airgun distributor in America and probably the world means that sometimes something in transit might get shuffled around, like a bottle. I think the title of this thread was a bit overkill but I understand that the OP was frustrated. Hopefully a resolution has been provided and some quick and easy fill-ups happen!

-Atlas

PS: I have noticed a lot of those bottle types tend to leak, irregardless of brand. Just an observation.
I emailed the manufacture and they don't add the oils to the packaging till the retailer ships out

If you where the one shelling out the $1700 your casual generosity towards PA would be different

I always keep boxes if I sell and fits perfectly without struggling to find one later and I always keeps them for any repairs

I do the same thing for my camera gear and even get request to buy my boxes from other sellers, showing the importance of the boxes

It's only common sense to double bag any liquids in shipping with the abuse from delivery handling

Yes they made it right but what I hate because of my complaint it was takin as an offense and a smoke screen when human nature will turn the tables to avoid being accountable and we all know those that want the last word even when there dead wrong to avoid there facing there failures

Because of the poor attitude from customer service there dead to me from here out, there's to many companies out there that will be cheerful and do the transaction right without an attitude.

Funny I went through all this and the next so-called model customer benefits without even knowing the corrections that happen before them and who knows if they even care to correct the issues.

When the following compressor was delivered the oils where double bagged but still slightly leaked because the caps where not check to being tight.

Took a total of five weeks and I was already making my first credit card payment on the compressor, sick

Last edited:
I emailed the manufacture and they don't add the oils to the packaging till the retailer ships out

If you where the one shelling out the $1700 your casual generosity towards PA would be different

I always keep boxes if I sell and fits perfectly without struggling to find one later and I always keeps them for any repairs

I do the same thing for my camera gear and even get request to buy my boxes from other sellers, showing the importance of the boxes

It's only common sense to double bag any liquids in shipping with the abuse from delivery handling

Yes they made it right but what I hate because of my complaint it was takin as an offense and a smoke screen when human nature will turn the tables to avoid being accountable and we all know those that want the last word even when there dead wrong to avoid there facing there failures
We sure do. Let us know when you think you had it.
Because of the poor attitude from customer service there dead to me from here out, there's to many companies out there that will be cheerful and do the transaction right without an attitude.

Funny I went through all this and the next so-called model customer benefits without even knowing the corrections that happen before them and who know if they even care to correct the issues.

When the following compressor was delivered the oils where double bagged but still slightly leaked because the caps where not check to being tight.

Took a total of five weeks and I was already making my first credit card payment on the compressor, sick
Give that man a purple heart.

Have you ever considered running for office?

Reactions: thumper
Slight hijack here regarding pellet damage.
Yesterday I was shooting my new HW95L springer at the range. I had about 8 different tins of so so pellets from the local gun store. A couple tins contents looked like the gun store played street hockey with the tins, including the contents. Seemed like about 50% were pretty deformed on the skirt. I was wondering if anyone has ever made a fixture with a shallow hole in a piece of plastic or metal so the skirt is still exposed and then re-form the skirt with a blunt pointed tool of matching taper ?
One more question, does anyone use the Air Venturi pellet pen with seating tip to seat pellets in a break barrel springer ?
Sorry for the hijack.
Randy

0967AF14-6B0E-4EF0-AECC-B36BAFF22F47.jpeg

I don't know they said there were a number of causes but the most likely cause was the keeper on the hammer spring slipping. I'm not familiar with the inside of the rifle and I haven't looked at an exploded drawing. The sales rep told me that there's a lifetime warranty on them so I'm not going to crack this one open. I think the fix is probably very easy and you can probably figure it out online. I do know that a little bit more complicated to work on than some of the other rifles. He gave me an RMA so it'll go in the mail the end of this week after we've had a couple of days to figure out how today went.
Thank You for the info [ I know off topic of the thread], if needed I'm sure I'd take the same road you did/do.

Well with the Hill's compressor is sent out as packaged by Hills.......
Well the only issue I have with Pyramid Air ..is that they only use FedEx...
Shipment coming out to California are always "stuck" at local Hub... or Lost
Then when it arrives, the shipment is Destroyed........
So with my Hill's Compressor shipment, the oil survived!!
But my compressor was bent like a Pretzel!
20220510_102450.jpg

20220510_102450.jpg
I spoke to PA yesterday, they now contract with UPS instead of FedEx. Both shippers have their “Punishers” that handle/destroy shipments.

20220510_102450.jpg
Holy sheet, that sucks the big one, I know people that have witnessed Fed-up-X BS handling of packages in the shipping facility and he won't EVER ship with them after what he's seen, yikes
My oil issue looks mild compared to this fiasco, looks like someone needs to get fired from Fed-up-X too and go back to flipping burgers
Screen Shot 2022-11-10 at 10.42.08 AM.jpg

And everywhere there is that courier/company that breaks even an iron bar during transport.
Also the company that sends and packs poorly.
It's a pity that some are nationwide, you can get your share of them in any country. Here in Finland, I would choose Fedex anytime, but UPS always manages to disappoint in some way. Usually so that the package is broken or there is a notification that an attempt was made to deliver the package but in fact it was not, the brown van may have just driven by

Reactions: Goldwing
And everywhere there is that courier/company that breaks even an iron bar during transport.
Also the company that sends and packs poorly.
It's a pity that some are nationwide, you can get your share of them in any country. Here in Finland, I would choose Fedex anytime, but UPS always manages to disappoint in some way. Usually so that the package is broken or there is a notification that an attempt was made to deliver the package but in fact it was not, the brown van may have just driven by
Crazy sheet delivery's
FedEx
UPS

• Wow
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
This is probably the case. I know it’s frustrating but it’s just some oil. I’m sure they will send some new. I wouldn’t start all over because of that. Damn. Lol
I sent my gun back for a replacement . Eagle claw Seneca they sent me the same gun. I paid the $10 for 10 shots for the gun I already had lol. I'm done with pyramid Air

Well said!! (y) I agree with you %100 and I'm usually a very patient person but as I've gotten older I'm understanding "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" but sometimes I'm wondering what the grease is??😲
And conversely: the quacking duck gets shot!!!! Cheers, Bill and Addi.

Last edited:
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
I sent my gun back for a replacement . Eagle claw Seneca they sent me the same gun. I paid the $10 for 10 shots for the gun I already had lol. I'm done with pyramid Air
Thanks guys. At least they could have. Did it sent me $10 back?! Why did I pay $10 where I already knew how the gunshot lol. But hey they need the money more than I do!!

Well I called this morning and got some female that already sounded like someone put her in a bad mood and was using me to perpetuate her defensiveness.

She tried the smoke and mirror thing to reverse the blame on me by telling me the company didn't appreciate my email complaint of the incompetents of the shipping department and hung up on me

I called right back and started over with a male customer service rep and lost him to James the supervisor that said FedEx would pick it up tomorrow but could not send out a new one till it was received back.

I said I have a photo of the serial number if they try to pull a fast one and send the same one back to me
Said he will try to send out a new one when it shows the original one is in transit and will try to make an exception

What made me not want to deal with them again was the attitude and deception attempt by the female customer service rep trying to reverse the blame on my angry email complaint, did'nt work, my wife pulls the same trick and believes it will somehow work in her head.
View attachment 296443
Get a grip buddy, poop happens. By the sounds of your attitude I would have hung up on you also. An unforgiving, aggressive, insulting initial contact with any customer service is a recipe for a miserable experience. Think about it, you deserved the same treatment you dish out.

Status
Not open for further replies.