• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Events Pyramyd Air Cup

Tim,

I was having a hard time visualizing (if I was at the bench ) holding on my 9 o'clock on my left bull, and actually having any chance of hitting my adjacent ( right ) bull with the wind. My holds are with relatively low winds at 100 yards, and I don't even go if they exceed 5-10mph. I have tried in the past with winds past 5 mph, and it's almost a waste of time. But, when you are at a bench rest event like PAC, RMAC or EBR; you can't change the weather. :)

I suppose you had to take a few sighters first to figure out your hold? Approximately how many inches were you holding to the left? Looks like it was 8 inches or so. Geez - makes me appreciate my low winds here in NC.

Tom

This was my finals card on Saturday where the winds had switched from L to R on Friday to R - L on Saturday. I was aiming at 3:00 on the right bull‘s 4 ring to hit the adjacent bull to its left. You can see how the sighters were drifting to the left side of the bull even with that amount of hold off. The right column was difficult to shoot because I didn’t have anything to aim at while using my duplex reticle and tiny target dot. I think I will start experimenting with anther scope / reticle that has hash marks. That might make my hold offs more accurate when there are no rings to use?
IMG_7270.jpeg

This was my finals card on Saturday where the winds had switched from L to R on Friday to R - L on Saturday. I was aiming at 3:00 on the right bull‘s 4 ring to hit the adjacent bull to its left. You can see how the sighters were drifting to the left side of the bull even with that amount of hold off. The right column was difficult to shoot because I didn’t have anything to aim at while using my duplex reticle and tiny target dot. I think I will start experimenting with anther scope / reticle that has hash marks. That might make my hold offs more accurate when there are no rings to use?
View attachment 384290
Try adjusting the magnification on the scope to align a hash mark to the exact windage you need (i.e.pellet impact to bullseye)

View attachment 384290

Very interesting…
I reread your earlier post #6. I think ai mixed up the days. So, It was your ‘practice’ session where you were holding off for left to right winds and one bull to the left. My bad, but gotcha. Saturday finals was almost the exact opposite in term of wind direction and holds. So, 3 o’clock on 4 ring to hit adjacent bull on left. Yeah, saw how your sighters were tailing left.

I see what you mean on looking at the right column bulls. No bulls to the right to aim your scope at with a duplex reticle. I think you are right. Maybe a reticle with hash marks for windy 100 yard bench rest at these events.

That Delta Stryker or Vortex Golden Eagle, is calling you. “ Tim, Tim - come and buy me! I promise you will shoot a higher score if you mount me on your rifle!”

Thursday was practice, Friday we shot 2 qualifier cards to get into the finals on Sat. Friday’s 1st card, the wind was fairly calm and the scores reflected it. The 2nd card the L-R winds reared their head and most everyone’s score reflected it. The wind switched 180* on Saturday to R-L for the finals. I had to hold off about the same on the 2nd card Friday and also on the final card on Saturday.

Thursday was practice, Friday we shot 2 qualifier cards to get into the finals on Sat. Friday’s 1st card, the wind was fairly calm and the scores reflected it. The 2nd card the L-R winds reared their head and most everyone’s score reflected it. The wind switched 180* on Saturday to R-L for the finals. I had to hold off about the same on the 2nd card Friday and also on the final card on Saturday.

Thanks. That clears it all up.

Do you happen to know if there will be a final spreadsheet showing all the relays for Friday and Saturday in terms of cards shot, names, guns used, ammo, placements? I saw the initial results, but was wondering if anyone is working on anything more formal. Apologize if I missed it and it is posted somewhere.

Thanks. That clears it all up.

Do you happen to know if there will be a final spreadsheet showing all the relays for Friday and Saturday in terms of cards shot, names, guns used, ammo, placements? I saw the initial results, but was wondering if anyone is working on anything more formal. Apologize if I missed it and it is posted somewhere.
I’ve not seen an equipment list published yet. Not saying they won’t though.

1693430409573.jpeg