• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Pyramid Air poor packaging

I received 16 tins yesterday all packaged like in mile highs photo above - foam, cardboard squares, cling wrapped, with the circles from the foam blocks taking up the rest of the space. No problems.

Yeah, all my past PA orders were packaged well, with the cling wrap and solid pieces of foam, like the photo you mention. Just iin these two most recent orders everything was loose in a far oversized box.

I’ve bought tons of pellets over the years from Pyramid and they’ve always arrived packaged extremely well. My recent shipment however surprised me. Have any of you had similar experiences?
View attachment 288702
There was some brown packing paper on top of this but this is what it looked like when I took it off. I’m disappointed and wonder if this is standard operation now.
Just write them a polite email (w/pictures) and let them know that the shipping Co. is very rough when handling their packages. Let them know it would be in their best interest to account for this and add a bit more packing fill of some sort.

Just posted this in another thread. Just had my last order arrive in the exact same condition as the OP - right down to the box they used. Box WAY too big for the number of tins ordered. Packing foam was there but tins not secured in foam. Fx hybrid slug packs loose in box. One slug pack opened and spilled out into box. Lost some of the slugs through hole in box. Some minor denting on pellet tins (any denting is not ok. IMO). I order my ammo from Pyramyd because they usually package pellets so carefully but my last two orders both left me unhappy.
20220908_151825.jpg
20220908_151906.jpg
20220908_151917.jpg
20220908_152149.jpg

"they told me that UPS must have repackaged them."

Whats u.p.s business opening your mail? Maybe there above the law. Then i guess today thats commonplace here in the u.s.a. laws for thee but not for me.

P.s.. my last few fealings with pa not been too spiffy..

Also a few w months back there was a deal / story on ups confiscateing or refusing gun / parts shipments . Maybe they wanted to see what you had to take it away from you.. lol. Sad times were in today ...
You're right AND wrong. UPS can't open your mail. But this package is not sent via USPS and UPS can open any package they want, that's in their system.

You're right AND wrong. UPS can't open your mail. But this package is not sent via USPS and UPS can open any package they want, that's in their system.
I was looking at that.
So i guess if they went left woke police agenda they can just chunk your stuff in a trash grinder and call it too bad so sad... Maybe theres weight to them stories of that ...

Just write them a polite email (w/pictures) and let them know that the shipping Co. is very rough when handling their packages. Let them know it would be in their best interest to account for this and add a bit more packing fill of some sort.
This is PA's issue... The shipping manager is responsible for this.. He either doesn't care and didn't know this went out.. The hourly nimrod that packed this also wasn't trained and or doesn't give a flip... I ran a company for years and the stupid's in warehouse just don't care.. Every "picker' or packer should go to a UPS or Fedex facility and watch what a package goes thru and is subjected to..
A few weeks ago I watched a guy moving watermelons from one container in the back of the store to the front of the store.. He would grab a melon and when he would get about 10" above where he was going to place it he would just let it go.. I saw the manger in the back of the store so I videoed this DA and went back to the manager and showed him the video. ( yes, a total Karen move) the manger watched it and I just walked off..

I was looking at that.
So i guess if they went left woke police agenda they can just chunk your stuff in a trash grinder and call it too bad so sad... Maybe theres weight to them stories of that ...
They already have. Haven't you been watching real news? They (UPS) have had employees arrested for stealing guns and the company said they will no longer ship guns or related parts so I wouldn't be to surprised if they destroy them at will.

They already have. Haven't you been watching real news? They (UPS) have had employees arrested for stealing guns and the company said they will no longer ship guns or related parts so I wouldn't be to surprised if they destroy them at will.

I saw that a handful of employees were busted. I didn't see where UPS decided not to ship guns over it.

Got a source for your quote @BurntDog?

Reactions: BurntDog
Yup, what it means " to give weight to" the stories i see..😉

Reactions: BurntDog
I saw that a handful of employees were busted. I didn't see where UPS decided not to ship guns over it.

Got a source for your quote @BurntDog?
Whether or not it's being implemented or not I don't truly know, time will tell. https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/ups-refuses-to-ship-gun-parts/ or http://www.wagc.com/ups-decides-to-stop-shipping-firearms-ground-service or https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/u...-requiring-frames-receivers-to-be-serialized/ Just how much will this effect the airgun world, who knows you know how irrational anti-gunners can be.

Last edited:
When I saw some .30 cal FX branded 'Hades' (Atomic) pellets in stock for a reasonable price last week, I put through a pellet order with PA having forgotten about this thread.

I received my order today with mixed emotions. Yes, it looks like they have eliminated (at least temporarily?) the taped or wrapped corrugated 'covers' over the foam pellet protectors. Instead they just used some butcher paper stuffing to hold things in place.

For my order, everything was still in place and nothing was damaged. But I feel that this new packing method is more variable, based on the skill and care of the packer. It also seems to be less protective of rough handling during shipment. But for my current order, it looks like I got lucky. Doesn't give the same level of confidence I had in the previous packing method though.

IMG_2882.JPG