Pyramid Air poor packaging

I’ve bought tons of pellets over the years from Pyramid and they’ve always arrived packaged extremely well. My recent shipment however surprised me. Have any of you had similar experiences?
B30B7F71-858C-42CE-B037-0BED595D571A.jpeg

There was some brown packing paper on top of this but this is what it looked like when I took it off. I’m disappointed and wonder if this is standard operation now.

A wrap of packing tape should make sure those tins stay within the soft embrace of the foam, then you only have 1 axis to worry about in packaging.

Funny thing, 4 tins of those, though slightly lighter, came in my door a few days ago, fortunately i know someone that know someone who have a permit to own a .22 rifle, and so i can dispense of my tins content that way.
As i strand up citizen with a clean slate, i can of course not own a .22 myself. That time are about a decade long gone :cry:

As compared to the past, they seem to be missing the corrugated squares which used to be taped or plastic wrapped on each end of the foam. Probably ran out, or maybe wanted to try shipping without them to save both money and time (also money).

Hope this is a short term situation. I have NOT been pleased with the amount of protection PA generally gives to guns (especially their re-furbs) - sometimes just a piece or 2 of brown butcher paper with the gun loose in the outer box. Have sent more than one gun - damaged in transit after poor packaging - back for full refund.

Up until this time, though, their pellet packaging has been good.

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
"they told me that UPS must have repackaged them."

Whats u.p.s business opening your mail? Maybe there above the law. Then i guess today thats commonplace here in the u.s.a. laws for thee but not for me.

P.s.. my last few fealings with pa not been too spiffy..

Also a few w months back there was a deal / story on ups confiscateing or refusing gun / parts shipments . Maybe they wanted to see what you had to take it away from you.. lol. Sad times were in today ...

Last edited:
Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
"they told me that UPS must have repackaged them."

Whats u.p.s business opening your mail? Maybe there above the law. Then i guess today thats commonplace here in the u.s.a. laws for thee but not for me.

P.s.. my last few fealings with pa not been too spiffy..

So in email the representative from PA told me the package was likely damaged in shipping so UPS repackaged it. I described exactly what the OP received and she said she will put a claim in, not even 5 minutes ago, 1 of the tins I complained about was replaced and in my hand .

I’ve bought tons of pellets over the years from Pyramid and they’ve always arrived packaged extremely well. My recent shipment however surprised me. Have any of you had similar experiences?
View attachment 288702
There was some brown packing paper on top of this but this is what it looked like when I took it off. I’m disappointed and wonder if this is standard operation now.
BULL PUCKY, mine ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS come taped. I just got in more today and they are padded like they were eggs. I think someone in their shipping department is a newbie and is taking short cuts. I would belabor the point with them.

Just delivered today and hot off the UPS (sorry I meant FedEx) truck. 8 tins of .20 JSBs. All packed the same as every order I’ve ever received from PA.
I’ve only had one issue with an order from PA but it wasn’t an issue with their packing.

4E9FEF40-72EF-477C-911E-2DB39C857768.jpeg

Last edited:
Just delivered today and hot off the UPS (sorry I meant FedEx) truck. 8 tins of .20 JSBs. All packed the same as every order I’ve ever received from PA.
I’ve only had one issue with an order from PA but it wasn’t an issue with their packing.

View attachment 288742
That's how I normally get them, however last week I got 2 boxes almost "verbatim" how the OP got his.

So in email the representative from PA told me the package was likely damaged in shipping so UPS repackaged it. I described exactly what the OP received and she said she will put a claim in, not even 5 minutes ago, 1 of the tins I complained about was replaced and in my hand .
That’s too bad. Maybe I’ve just been lucky enough to never had a bad experience like this. Hope they took care of you guys.

My experience with PA customer service has been very good. I mistakenly ordered Marauder mags for my 25 Avenger thinking they would work. I think they will work for the 177 and 22 but not the 25. I called PA and they said they would send me the Avenger Mags and did not want the Marauder ones back. After that experience I would be surprised if PA did not replace pellets damaged in shipping with very little hassle.

I occasionally order pellets from Amazon. I've had both decent and bad experience doing that. I ordered a JSB assortment, for instance, and had to send 2 or 3 back to get one with pellets that were not damaged. I ordered a tin of Crosman 177s recently and it arrived in great shape. I think the blister pack may have helped. I ordered 2 tins of Baracuda Match and they arrived pretty beat up. But on a whim I decided to try them anyway. They shot slightly but insignificantly better than the Baracuda Match from a pristine PA tin. So I'm keeping them. I'm not recommending Amazon for pellets although the blister packs of Crosmans might be a reasonable risk. Their great return policy helps a lot. With no cost returns you are mainly risking time.

I still plan to order most of my pellets from PA.

Got an order a few weeks ago, and another yesterday. Both look exactly like scubajeepers photo. And in both boxes the pellet tins had come out of the foam and were bouncing around loose in the box. The most obvious negative about this new way PA is packaging pellets is that there is only a thin layer of cardboard between the tins and whatever the box gets dropped on (ground, porch, warehouse floor, bottom of the shipping truck, conveyor belts, etc etc etc). The way they used to do it kept a solid foam square between the pellet and all potential damage.

And yes, 25-30% of the tins in each of my two most recent orders were damaged, specifically the tins that were on the bottom. Luckily the variety of pellets in these orders have a top and bottom foam inside the tin and they're not one of the pellets that come tightly packed in the tin. So, the tins themselves were damaged, but not many of the pellets inside were mangled. BUT, if PA pulls this type of packaging with a variety of pellet like the JSB 10.34, tins that don't usually have a top and bottom inside-tin foam......there will be some TRASHED pellets.

I can assure you all, working in this industry, damages do occur to boxes/packaging and they are recouped if damages are bad enough to the outer box. This is weird though as I thought PA exclusively used Fedex. Even PA packaging ensures nothing when pellets are loosely thrown in a tin with space to bang around like little ping pong balls. Pellets are POORLY packaged from the manufacturers for shipping. I get it what are they supposed to do, put each pellet in an individual styrofoam cut out? Is what it is.