Western Airguns Putting the Western Airguns .25 Sidewinder through its progression.

Today, after doing my accurizing work on the barrel of a Western Airguns Sidewinder, I was able to shoot it. The semi auto factor is way cool, I only emptied the mag in full auto once, Woo Hoo!
This gun loves the JSB King Heavy's original 34 grain, I was getting one ragged hole groups at 40 yards. It's preferred velocity was at 965 FPS.
I find the build quality of this American made beast to be rather impressive. One of the things I like about this gun is that the structural bolts go into a steel threaded boss instead of aluminum.
Tomorrow I will be testing the three different JSB made 25 grain pellets at the same 965 fps, let's see what happens with those.
I hope this gun performs well for me over the long haul, I truly desire to add an American made gun, alongside my beloved Crickets.
Thanks for reading.
Charlie Frear, Georgia Airguns

Have you tried it with any slugs yet?
Also how is the sound profile compared to similar priced PCPs? I'm curious if it's viable for backyard plinking with nearby neighbors

I too have a Cricket, but a gen1 in .25 that I pre-ordered back when they first came on the market. Still have it to this day as it's probably the most accurate and silent I've used, even better than the Edgun Matador R3M I had bought at the same time back then

Have you tried it with any slugs yet?
Also how is the sound profile compared to similar priced PCPs? I'm curious if it's viable for backyard plinking with nearby neighbors

I too have a Cricket, but a gen1 in .25 that I pre-ordered back when they first came on the market. Still have it to this day as it's probably the most accurate and silent I've used, even better than the Edgun Matador R3M I had bought at the same time back then
I was considering a Sidewinder in .30cal (would also love the .357 Rattler with slugs) but I'd be able to shoot it MUCH less if they're as loud as I think...so maybe your .25 can add some insight.

I have a Sidewinder and a Huben in .22, and the Sidewinder is a lot louder than the Huben even at lower power - even after upgrading to a the 1/2-20 adaptor and a Huma Mod 40 moderator. The Sidewinder is definitely not backyard friendly out the box, at least to my ears. I'm considering getting a STO Sarissa for it to be able to shoot it more - it is actually almost uncomfortable to shoot a lot without hearing protection.

Part of the issue is that the shroud is really not very effective at all - very little stripping goes on there, at least compared to the Huben (and other guns) with a baffled shroud. Also, I feel that the action itself is much louder than the Huben, which matters as your head is right on it . . .

Reactions: titeuf007