• The Airgun Nation App is ready for iOS users! It should be available for Android users any minute! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Put the smack down on pigeons this morning.

Last Monday headed over to my permission in Fremont, Michigan. Hadn’t been there in a year because of some sickness and I had cleaned the pigeons out, so it wasn’t worth the drive. When I got there there were approximately 300 pigeons flying all around the farm. I ended up dropping 21 that day off of the silo, roofs and inside a barn about 600 feet long. I recovered 5 because most end up on the roof or fall in with the cows and I won’t go in by the cows, as there are too many. I went back this morning in 17 degree weather and there were no birds out and about, so I headed to the long barn. I made three trips through the barn and dropped 31 of which I recovered 6. Could have shot more but I have to leave some for future trips. Shot them all with my trusty FX Impact X non power plenum with 18.1 JSB at 870 fps. I have had this gun for four years and not a single hiccup. It has performed flawlessly and I have shot thousands of pellets through it. Hope to get back over there in a couple weeks.
A549A274-EAD0-4A57-96EA-7ADEBD344070.jpeg
B3D08FA0-4135-4647-A21B-84EC5BDD5ECE.jpeg
66E34835-2EFB-4930-A0F2-F9EA11AC7B55.jpeg
058CD7D2-C7AD-446D-8847-6A978388BCA9.jpeg

Nice shooting and great permission.
Any issues with pass through and roof damage inside the barn?
No I always try to have wood behind them and I also try to shoot at less than 45 degrees angle to the roof so they don’t go thru. In three years I have put only one hole through the roof, but there are plenty from others in the past.

Reactions: Revin