• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Put a cork in it.....

Went out to Ground Squirrel permission, the Horsemans Assoc.. Had my Maverick Compact .22 with RMR/FX 22 gr. hybrids. Nice day, got there early, saw one at 65 yards, managed to annoy it, missed to the right by 1/4". Maintained our vigil and finally out at 125 yard a few came up, took a shot and...missed by a mile. Ok double checked things and scope was off a bit but...got more shots and more misses, the little suckers went to ground, they'd had enough. I just happened to have a cork in my pocket so, my buddy Pete hoofed it out 100 yards and put it on a log, shot missed shot missed, picked a dirt clod at 98 yards, missed, adjusted, missed, adjusted and poof no little dirt clod, I was off 2.5moa in elevation WTH. Aimed at the cork and off it went, Pete found it but no mark on it. He repositioned it and wedged it in a crack. Shot and nailed it. My elevation is now set and the set screws on the turret that kept coming loose are now purple locktite'd on.

IMG_2288.jpegIMG_2289.jpeg

Went out to Ground Squirrel permission, the Horsemans Assoc.. Had my Maverick Compact .22 with RMR/FX 22 gr. hybrids. Nice day, got there early, saw one at 65 yards, managed to annoy it, missed to the right by 1/4". Maintained our vigil and finally out at 125 yard a few came up, took a shot and...missed by a mile. Ok double checked things and scope was off a bit but...got more shots and more misses, the little suckers went to ground, they'd had enough. I just happened to have a cork in my pocket so, my buddy Pete hoofed it out 100 yards and put it on a log, shot missed shot missed, picked a dirt clod at 98 yards, missed, adjusted, missed, adjusted and poof no little dirt clod, I was off 2.5moa in elevation WTH. Aimed at the cork and off it went, Pete found it but no mark on it. He repositioned it and wedged it in a crack. Shot and nailed it. My elevation is now set and the set screws on the turret that kept coming loose are now purple locktite'd on.

View attachment 388094View attachment 388095
Next time the ground squirrels are uncorking some vino, the “corks” are going to be in serious danger… Because drunk, staggering GS’ are hard to hit… 🤓🙈🙀

We may be on a race to the finish line. I've got 7.59 decades gone. I've found the tripod helps as does being seated.
I turned 85 in Aug. ,Use a shooting table. At 17 I was an Expert rifleman with the Garand and M1 Carbine. Pull targets out to 500 yrds and the pop-up Pete's. A lot steadier then. LOL

I turned 85 in Aug. I use a shooting table. At 17 I was an Expert rifleman with the Garand and M1 Carbine. Pull targets out to 500 yrds and the pop-up Pete's. A lot steadier then. LOL
ok, you're ahead. Even when I was 17, not sure I remember that but....not sure I could see 500 yards. Honestly, if you'd said I'd be hitting anything at 100 yards two years ago I'd be laughing, least of all with an air gun. One of my uncles could do hole in hole standing with a .22 lr at 25 yards, he was a tail gunner, another one was winning at 200, and I believe beyond, with his Garand. Iron sights of course, none of the fancy optics we have now. Oh and he and my grandfather made match grade bullets, Western Tool and Copper Works, very sought after at the time.