Pumped Up PRod

I was looking for a Airgun that I could throw in a backpack to hike with and be powerful enough to hunt small game with. I have a Maverick and Impact along with other powerful guns but wanted something that I could easily hand pump.

After some thought I decided to buy a Benjamin Marauder Pistol.

I changed out the stock forend with a custom printed one with a short pic rail and added a folding foregrip. Added a Donny FL adapter to make a quiet gun even quieter, found this custom folding stock from a guy in Germany on the big auction site and added it ( not bad for the price and position adjustable) , added a fixed 4X Simmons scope, and upped the power by changing out the stock .081 transfer port with a .110. It is now shooting (with a full charge) consistently at 20-22 FPE depending on the pellet weight.

I am very happy with the results.

A68BF450-0384-4B94-B283-E866EC11FFF5.1654274199.jpeg
C500D4ED-6C50-4DAE-BBC8-61C9D800B014.1654274200.jpeg

Nice gun. How many shots? I did a Bstaley but have the power a bit lower. I get 18.5-17.5 fpe for about 2 mags and almost 30 shots until I drop under 16 fpe. I find it works well on squirrels within 30 yards. Last 11 since the retune have dropped pretty quickly. I've shot 3 shot groups as small as 1/16 inch at 25 yards with it. My accuracy seemed to improve with a buck rail moderator added. Under 80 db.

Nice job.

Does that stock use the AR tube o_female threads for attachment?

Thanks,

Roachcreek

It does not. The stock comes with a spacer that uses a bolt that goes through the stock and spacer and screws into the back of the gun. The spacer slips over the threaded nub on the back of the gun and has two pins that go on either side to keep it from rotating. Once tightened down it is pretty sturdy. Spacer is made from heavy plastic.

EFD98828-C4DE-41B4-9B21-1137D4E8BDDC.1654307624.png

P-Rod was my first PCP, love the accuracy after opening the transfer port and dropping in a HumaReg. I also had the DonnyFL adaptor but I had to take off the LDC every time I filled the air and the aluminum threads were getting loose from repeated off & on. I ended up ordering a Neil Clague that allowed access to the foster without removing LDC, it’s OK but I really miss the Sumo’s performance. I used to work nights and these nuissance tree rats would wake me up with their incessant daytime barking. With my P-Rod and DonnyFL, silence and daytime sleep was a reality. I recently got an AR-type buttstock and it’s vastly improved the ergonomics compared to the factory option.

P-Rod was my first PCP, love the accuracy after opening the transfer port and dropping in a HumaReg. I also had the DonnyFL adaptor but I had to take off the LDC every time I filled the air and the aluminum threads were getting loose from repeated off & on. I ended up ordering a Neil Clague that allowed access to the foster without removing LDC, it’s OK but I really miss the Sumo’s performance. I used to work nights and these nuissance tree rats would wake me up with their incessant daytime barking. With my P-Rod and DonnyFL, silence and daytime sleep was a reality. I recently got an AR-type buttstock and it’s vastly improved the ergonomics compared to the factory option.

I worked shift work for many years. Nothing more annoying than not being able to sleep during the day. Lol nice solution to your problem.

Were you using the standard or the extended DFL adaptor?

I am not having to remove the moderator to fill he PRod, with the extender adaptor.

https://donnyfl.com/collections/adapters/products/benjamin-marauder-pistol-prod-extended-adapter-a77

@rafr I originally had the standard with a Sumo, it tightened up the groups compared to a bare muzzle. After my threads started getting loose, I eMailed Donny about my woes and he pointed me to the extended that probably wasn’t previously available when I ordered the standard. I excitedly ordered the Extended Adaptor and used it with the Sumo. Disappointingly, she would not produce a decent group with that combo. I thought all was lost since then, but if you are getting decent groups, I’ve acquired other LDC’s that I might try with the Extended Adaptor. Also back then, I was shooting at tighter confines that seemed to amplify the shot noise of a hot-rodded air pistol. With neighbors on all 5 sides and not knowing if any were rodent sympathizers, I opted to keep the noise down. The loudest part of the whole operation was the famed PolyMag PoP, loved by pesters of every location.

I gathered the deceased and examined terminal ballistic results while I field dressed and stewed them to feed cats who frequented my yard. One time I found a .177 wadcutter under the intact skin of one of these meals that squeals. I’ve never owned any wadcutters at that early stage of my airgunning, so I smiled at the evidence of an ally nearby. 

@caseyk I opted for a cheap, local result that was circulating the internet back in 2014-2015. It was either plastic refrigerator water filter line, or aquarium air line that matched the outer diameter of the transfer port insert. A very common part that could be found probably at even the most remote backwoods areas. I drove to a local retailer and had the line in my hands within minutes, no ordering, no waiting. Paid the miniscule price and went home. Cut the length I needed, probably not even a quarter inch, and had enough to make 333 more if I wanted to experiment with different transfer port diameters. There were was a consensus among P-Rod tinkerers about what inner diameters to drill for certain desired results. It’s been a while so I don’t remember the particulars, but I bet google can help you out in obtaining those details. I enjoyed the instant gratification of not having to wait for an order. I revelled in the dollar savings and found satisfaction in the superb results of a DIY gone right, which doesn’t always happen for me. I hope you end up with the P-Rod performance you’re seeking.